Getting A New Boss

Decorating By lollyponpon Updated 10 Oct 2010 , 7:18pm by Elcee

lollyponpon Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 9:51am
post #1 of 8

and the last one was just deploarable!!
i know it;s kind of cruel, but there is a celebration for the other one leaving, and i have been put in charge of making some witty cake to symbolise our absolute pleasure in the fact that the boss is gone....
i can't think of anything to do this...
the boss was underskilled, manipulative, ego centric, underproductive and a downright b**ch..but then again, aren't they all>>??

any ideas for a celebration a la divorce cake... without the bride throwing the groom off.... something that screams good riddance to bad rubbish...??

7 replies
medusas_touch Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 10:38am
post #2 of 8

Maybe a topsy-turvy with a figurine carrying a trashbag with two high heeled legs sticking out? Or a Hansel and Gretel-esque cake with the witch in the oven?

lollyponpon Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 10:49am
post #3 of 8

omg that just gave me this fantastic image of a wizard of oz cake with ding dong the withc is dead LOL
thank you soo much!!

medusas_touch Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 10:56am
post #4 of 8

Lol. No worries.

pinkjacs Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 7:36pm
post #5 of 8

is she going to see the cake???

lollyponpon Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 10:28pm
post #6 of 8

who knows who
nah, she would be gone--last day friday thank goodness--but it's one of those things where i am still trying to be diplomatic and make something to appease all the people chasing her out with pitchforks, but not be so tasteless as to really tear her down (because it will weigh down my concious big time )lol i am in a bit of a predicament trying to please the masses but not be seen as a heartless bitch

pinkjacs Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 9:58am
post #7 of 8

lol I like the wizard of oz idea then.

Elcee Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 7:18pm
post #8 of 8

My advice is absolutely don't do it. You have no way of knowing if it will get back to her and you just never know where people will end up professionally. Do you really want to take that chance? In 8 years when you've all changed and grown and she is in a position to hire one of 2 people: a person who happened to work at a place where there was a cake to celebrate her departure or the person who actually made that cake? No matter what your coworkers want you to do, bottom line will be that you made the cake and that's what will be remembered.

Not to mention that it's a mean spirited thing to do and while it may be fun to plan, it may even be fun in the moment you actually do it but eventually it will bother you that you did something that was meant to be deliverately hurtful to someone else. If I were you, I'd take the high road on this one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%