Kitchenaid Or Cuisinart? Let The Battle Begin...

Decorating By fairmaiden0101 Updated 9 Oct 2010 , 5:38pm by sabre

fairmaiden0101 Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 7:46am
post #1 of 7

I am looking at getting a 1000 watt motor on a cuisinart with a 7 qt bowl and have been trying to do some research comparing kitchenaid and Cuisinart but would really like to hear for people who have had experience with these two. What is your opinion on which is a better mixer? TIA

6 replies
imagenthatnj Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 1:15pm
post #2 of 7

I have a Cuisinart 7qt with the 1000 watt motor. There's really no comparison with the Kitchen Aids. I think even the professional Kitchen Aid just gets to 575 watts.

If you're planning on getting extra attachments, then go with a Kitchen Aid. There are not too many attachments for the Cuisinart. I just wanted to use it for cakes and especially for mixing bread (without it breaking) and it's worked perfectly. It's been 3 years already. I always thought that if I needed anything else, I would just buy a separate blender, chopper, etc.

I was so happy with it that I bought another one for my sister right away. I also love the timer.

When I was doing the research, I found so many wrong things with Kitchen Aid once the company got sold (it's not your grandmother's Kitchen Aid anymore, sadly) that I decided that my next option would be a Viking.

A friend of mine, an engineer, opened one because his wife's was always breaking, and found out that the gears inside were plastic. Another one was having oil drop into her cake mixes. Kitchen Aid said that the gears inside were oiled for life and that she had to use every week for that not to happen!

Cuisinart 1000 watts is as close you would get to a commercial mixer.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/kitchenaid_mixers_p2.html

fairmaiden0101 Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 7

WOW! I have been researching it as well but this website is crazy! I will definitely be buying the Cuisinart..thank you so much!

dsilvest Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 4:24pm
post #4 of 7

I bought a Cuisinart 7qt 1000 watt mixer and it died on my first usage. Didn't even get the cake mixed. Returned it and bought a Kitchenaid.

LindaF144a Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 5:18pm
post #5 of 7

In my research on these two i found somewhere where it said that higher wattage does not mean any more power to the beaters, there is something else in between that controls how much power gets to the beaters. Can't remeber the word right now.

Instead more wattage usually just puts a drain on the power to your house. One lady who had the cuisinart and lived in an older home said her lights would dim whenever she turned on her mixer.

And this has been discussed on CC here before. You can find it be doing a search.

foxymomma521 Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 5:37pm
post #6 of 7

I have both.
MY KA is the pro600.
I like the cuisinart better... Also- if you dont mind a refurb, Woot has one cheap today only icon_smile.gif
http://deals.woot.com/sellout

sabre Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 5:38pm
post #7 of 7

I bought a KichenAid Accolade 400 watt mixer which has a commercial motor with all-metal gears. I'm extremely happy with this machine. It was a closeout model, but is you contact KA online to inquire about any remainders.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%