Starting A New Business

Business By munchmunch Updated 10 Oct 2010 , 10:47pm by pixiefuncakes

munchmunch Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 6:21am
post #1 of 4

Hi there,
I was just wondering if anyone knew the legal process of how to open your own cake business from home? What exactly do I need to do?
There are some great posts on this topic already, but unfortunately most are from America, and I would like the info for Australia.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you! thumbs_up.gif

3 replies
pixiefuncakes Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 7:02am
post #2 of 4

You will need to check with your local council about liscencing. You will have to get an ABN (australian business number) and register your business name - this is important because you cant register a name that is already registered.
I know some people fly under the radar with liscencing etc, but I think it could lead to trouble if you don't.

munchmunch Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 6:23am
post #3 of 4

Thank you, I really appreciate your help. icon_smile.gif

pixiefuncakes Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 10:47pm
post #4 of 4

No worries

Quote by @%username% on %date%