Cake Boss Software

Decorating By sechrestloans Updated 20 Oct 2010 , 10:52am by PrivateNameHere

sechrestloans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sechrestloans Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 12:52am
post #1 of 12

Thinking about purchasing it. Website looks awesome and seems so simple.Looks like it is just what I need! Just wanted to see what everyone thought about it and if it really is easy to use and helpful. Thanks!

11 replies
neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 1:13am
post #2 of 12

it's a great buy and would recommend it to anyone who has a small cake business. thumbs_up.gif
Jodi

CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 10:44am
post #3 of 12

Hi, as you can see I live in sydney and I bought it for cookies.

It is fabulous. I agree, well worth it.

julesh268 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julesh268 Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 6:22pm
post #4 of 12

I don't have a business, but use it all of the time. It is very easy and fun to use and I hope some day I will have a good starting point for when I do start my own business.

addyb737 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
addyb737 Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 3:37am
post #5 of 12

i absolutely love this software! it is very easy to use and is a great help at pricing. it does all the conversion calculations for you! it keeps track of appointments, client's birthdays and anniversaries, and helps you to see how much of a profit you are making. it's a great investment.

sechrestloans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sechrestloans Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 11:58am
post #6 of 12

thank you all. I think it is going to be my next major purchase!

robinmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinmarie Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 12:34pm
post #7 of 12

I purchased the Cake Boss Software about 6 monts ago. I do have a question as well. When I put a recipie in it ask how many servings does it make. How do you determine this? I guestimate and then when it computes the charges based on the serving size of the cake ordered and the cost of each slice, it gives me a outrages cost of the cake. Help!!! I havent used the software in months because of this. What am I doing wrong?

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 1:32pm
post #8 of 12

Robinmarie, contact KelleyM or go to the Cakeboss site and access the help forums. She will respond quite quickly.

robinmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinmarie Posted 14 Oct 2010 , 3:24pm
post #9 of 12

Thanks CakeDivine, I never thougt of that!!!icon_smile.gif

PrivateNameHere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PrivateNameHere Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 12:05am
post #10 of 12

I have the software. I've had it for about 4 months and it's the best program I've ever had on my computer. I am still learning about it but it's wonderful!

thumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thumbs Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 12:25am
post #11 of 12

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this program. I was undercharging terribly before I bought this software.

I will not even attempt to quote a cake before entering all my data.

In terms of charging by slice, I don't use it like that. I enter all my recipes and items which comes up with a base price then I add how many hours at my hourly rate and that's how I am charging. Since you can mark up your recipes, supplies, etc it tells you what your actual cost is and what your profit is from each cake.....love that feature!

PrivateNameHere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PrivateNameHere Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 10:52am
post #12 of 12

Don't forget you get a discount for being a CakeCentral member!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%