Can Someone Help Me With This?

Decorating By thecakegirl Updated 3 Sep 2005 , 5:56pm by gina22

thecakegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakegirl Posted 3 Sep 2005 , 6:48am
post #1 of 5

Can you look at this cake and tell me how you think she did the flags. I'm guessing they are fondant. What do you think they are hanging on???
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=search&type=full&cat=0&pos=1

Thanks in advance!
Amy[/img]

4 replies
missmersh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmersh Posted 3 Sep 2005 , 6:51am
post #2 of 5

Amy,
What cake are we supposed to be looking at? The cake I see is a heart cake with roses and cornelli lace. Whose cake is it? That way I can look under the user's photos.

Thanks!
Leslie

thecakegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakegirl Posted 3 Sep 2005 , 5:15pm
post #3 of 5

its suppossed to be a cruise ship...
when I click on the link it takes me there.
try this
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&member_id=57&cat=0&pos=2

missmersh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmersh Posted 3 Sep 2005 , 5:43pm
post #4 of 5

Hi Amy,
It worked that time! Nice cake! Looks like a lot of work! icon_surprised.gif
The flags are so small! icon_wink.gif
You are probably right that they are fondant. It may just be thread or dental floss? If I were to do that, I would take some thread, maybe some thick type or dental floss and dip it in royal icing to coat and "glue" the little flags on, hopefully that would work?

It looks like the "string" is connected to lollipop sticks.
Another idea...for the string, you could use licorice rope but I would dip it also in white royal icing cause I have only seen it in red or black. But the licorice rope may be too thick. ???

Leslie icon_smile.gif

gina22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gina22 Posted 3 Sep 2005 , 5:56pm
post #5 of 5

Hi There shutterfly,

i am thinking you are right about the flags being fondant and i think they are hanging on very small ribbonbut it could also be food grade wire but i am not sure of the size beautifull cake though
icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%