The Dreaded "where Is The Cake?!?!?" Call.

Decorating By mombabytiger Updated 9 Oct 2010 , 11:42am by indydebi

mombabytiger Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 7:44pm
post #1 of 4

Did a shower cake for a friend. Originally the shower was to be tonight at her boss's house. Finished it up this morning, stuck it in the freezer to set the icing. Fully intended to take it out in time for this evening's festivities.

1:15 - anxious phone call from friend. "Where is the cake??". It turns out that she sent me a Facebook message changing the time and location, which I, of course, did not see. I whipped the cake out of the freezer, shoved it in the box and made it to the restaurant before all the guests had even arrived.

The guest of honor saw the cake and wept for joy because it was really cute (mama and baby dachshund in a dog basket).

I just hope it was a REALLY long lunch because that cake was frozen!

Lesson learned: CONFIRM, CONFIRM, CONFIRM!!!

3 replies
Coral3 Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 7:54pm
post #2 of 4

Lucky the cake was already decorated! It's really her fault though...if she was changing the event time she should have made sure she actually SPOKE to you about it, not just leave a FB message.

ATCakes Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 8:00pm
post #3 of 4

You lucked out on that one. You should also tell customers (friends or family) not to send you changes to an order on Facebook because you may not see it since they don't let you know when you get a post. My manicurists had the same problem and she finally told people not to text or Facebook her about appointments. They were driving her nuts!!

indydebi Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 11:42am
post #4 of 4

I have told my family and friends that if I'm REALLY invited to something, then they need to REALLY invite me. I do not consider a "come one come all" invite posted on facebook to be a legit invitation. It's like a photocopied wedding invitation on the company bulletin board that pretty much says, "Eh! come if you want. I dont' really care."

That rant aside, icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif , I also always told my brides that any changes they emailed me about, they needed to make sure they got a revised order form with the changes, and if they didn't, it was ok to call me to make sure I got their email.

If they didn't get a confirmation, that meant I didn't get the change.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%