Thank You Cake For Delivery Nurses

Decorating By amygortoncakes Updated 9 Oct 2010 , 9:25pm by pinkjacs

amygortoncakes Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 6:15pm
post #1 of 7

My sister is pregnant and due anyday now. I am making her a mini cake, but I was thinking of making the nurses a cake as well to say thanks. I know my sister is going to give them hell, and I thought I could kiss up a little. LOL

First does anyone know if nurses are allowed to accept food items like this?

And does anyone have a funny idea?

Thanks

6 replies
vlk Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 6:20pm
post #2 of 7

I used to work in Labor and Delivery at our local hospital - FOOD is always welcome! People would bring in everything from cookies to large turkey dinners! That is very nice of you to think of them -

As for an idea... cupcakes would be best - that way they can eat and run (less mess, no plates/forks)

HTH -

Vicki

amygortoncakes Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 6:27pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you. After I posted this I was thinking cupcakes. I could go really simple and make little fondant baby faces.

leily Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 6:57pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by amygortoncakes

Thank you. After I posted this I was thinking cupcakes. I could go really simple and make little fondant baby faces.

or could always do a cupcake boquet! You can do them all roses, or do fall flowers or at least fall colors. Then they can just grap and go.

amygortoncakes Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 7:00pm
post #5 of 7

how do you do a bouquet? Are they stacked on a round cake board?

Kellbella Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 7:13pm
post #6 of 7

I agree with VLK about the cuppies! I work in a hospital and sometimes you eat while standing, while on the run, etc. When you're crazy busy a cuppie would be the perfect thing the eat on the go!

pinkjacs Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 9:25pm
post #7 of 7

I work in a maternity department cup cakes always go down well!!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%