Wheel Of Death - Who Does That?

Decorating By vlk Updated 8 Oct 2010 , 7:32pm by KimmyKakes4Me

vlk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vlk Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 3:29pm
post #1 of 5

Here is another question to ask the bride -

Will your cake be stationary or on a turntable ?

I have picked out the front, arranged the flowers to present the cake in a "awesome" light....

Here I go... get to the venue, I am pointed to the table for the cake and there it sat.. a lazy susan turn table ? icon_eek.gif for the cake...

I looked around, did the scooby doo "Rut Roo" and thought - How do I do this? Can't take the lazy susan off the table, cuz they had the table cloth and candles displayed all around it... icon_cry.gif

Okay - so this is what I did (our secret)... I placed the cake the way I had intended and then put the table cloth under the lazy susan so it could only spin 10 degrees to one side or the other.

WHO ? puts a cake on a turntable to spin around - I call this my "Wheel of Death" and I will def. ask next time, "will the cake be on a turn table"?

Gotta love it - makes it worth the laugh later....

Vicki

4 replies
daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 3:44pm
post #2 of 5

OH WOW icon_surprised.gif , wait till a bride calls one of us decorators to complain, telling us her cake fell on the floor because we didn't set it up correctly or we didn't dowel it correctly.

"Honey, it wasn't me....It was your 'wheel of death'.....sorry my contract with you doesn't include circus acts" icon_lol.gif

LMBO!!!!!

I really do think I've seen it on tv, a rotating cake that is..........TV's are evil, icon_evil.gif LOL LOL LOL

malene541 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malene541 Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 3:44pm
post #3 of 5

I wonder if maybe that was their only "cake stand" that they could come up with???? Or maybe one of the older Aunts that will be cutting the cake probably thought "Oooo, if they put the cake on here I won't have to strain myself around the table to cut the cake".
"Wheel of Death" is a perfect name for this!!!! icon_smile.gif

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 7:17pm
post #4 of 5

I displayed a cake on a lazy susan once...but it was only a one-tier birthday cake (The design needed it - it was a Three Little Pigs cake with wolf, pigs, houses & whatnot going right around the cake - so it kind of didn't have a true 'front' if that makes sense). Can't imagine doing that with a tiered wedding cake though...I can just imagine some guest yanking on the turntable a little too enthusiastically and sending the cake flying across the dance floor!

KimmyKakes4Me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimmyKakes4Me Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 7:32pm
post #5 of 5

Properly constructed rotating stands are awesome. But properly made is the key. If I found a lazy suasan, I wouldn't hesitate to remove it, rearrange their decorations and place the cake where it is going to be stable.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%