How Do I Make A Figure Of A Mouse?

Decorating By wannabe_cake_maker Updated 8 Oct 2010 , 6:03pm by wannabe_cake_maker

wannabe_cake_maker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wannabe_cake_maker Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 1:26pm
post #1 of 7

Does anyone know if there is a tutorial or a good book out there that can show me how to make a fondant or gumpaste mouse figure?

6 replies
quintin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quintin Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 1:46pm
post #2 of 7

hi there i bought a sugar mouse plastic mold which is really good for using with fondant as well hope this helps icon_biggrin.gif

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 4:18pm
post #3 of 7

I just went through lots of struggle w/ this. There is a picture of my mouse in my photos. I researched 'how to draw a mouse', and ultimately turned a flat pencil drawn mouse into a 3-D character.

deMuralist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deMuralist Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 4:32pm
post #4 of 7

there is a forum thread on how to make figures, it has links to a variety of animals and people.

If you can't find that, I would do a google search on making it with clay, same technique just a slightly different medium.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 4:37pm
post #5 of 7

Closest video I could find you is this one:

Hope it helps.

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 5:18pm
post #6 of 7

You'll need to decide if you want a whimsical appearing mouse, or a realistic looking mouse. I found it pretty easy to make a whimsical one, but I needed a realistic mouse. I think the one I came up with was as close as I'm going to obtain, since I'm far from expert. I threw out my 3 whimsical mice, as they looked like they should have been in a cartoon.

wannabe_cake_maker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wannabe_cake_maker Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 6:03pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks all for the info. I was thinking more along the lines of the mouse that is in the Debbie Brown's book with the pumpkin or any of the pumpkin pics from here with little mouse heads and bodies poking out. So I think that would be whimsical.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%