Piping Sparkles

Decorating By Creamyclaire Updated 10 Oct 2010 , 5:51pm by sulia

Creamyclaire Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 9:05am
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone, I am in the UK and am new to cupcakes and this forum.
I have brought a product called SCINTILLOES PIPING SPARKLES, can anyone tell me how to use this please. Do i mix a bit into my buttercream as I would with colourings/flavours? Thank you so much xx

7 replies
sulia Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 10:13am
post #2 of 8

hi there

this product seems quite interesting and i decided to google it as i had not heard of it before. it seems that you use it directly to pipe jewels or sparkly shapes onto the cake.
if you look at the following link, the cake artist pipes it on to the sides of her cake :

good luck

Creamyclaire Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 10:41am
post #3 of 8

Thanks for your reply, but I cant open the link?

Bskinne Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 11:35am
post #4 of 8

Neat stuff, you'll have to post a pic when you use it. Never seen it here but the website said "To use, make a small indentation in the surface of the cake, spoon the Scintillo's colour into a small piping bag fitted with a small nozzle and pipe as required."

Creamyclaire Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 6:20pm
post #5 of 8

So would you say i could pipe a whole swirl on top of the cupcake or is it just for small piped shapes?

DianeLM Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 6:28pm
post #6 of 8

It looks like piping gel with glitter suspended in it. I use a similar product called glitter gel by Bakery Crafts.

I would say no, you cannot mix it with buttercream. It will disappear and/or make the icing look dirty. Plus, you'll lose so many of the precious glitter bits inside the swirl.

If anything, I'd suggest piping a buttercream swirl on your cupcakes. Wait for the bc to crust or refrigerate to firm up the bc, then brush on the sparkles.

Creamyclaire Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 6:30pm
post #7 of 8

thats great, thank you so much

sulia Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 5:51pm
post #8 of 8

hi creamyclaire

sorry for the late response - was away for the weekend,
anyway please go to the 'culpitt' website and look for the bubble cake.
(its actually quite a nice website with a few tutorials)
i don't want to type in the full website address in case it gets blocked again

good luck and please post a pic when you use it

best regards

Quote by @%username% on %date%