I Need Advice On An Idea Of Mine

Business By Cherise09 Updated 8 Oct 2010 , 6:17pm by Spuddysmom

Cherise09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cherise09 Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 12:31am
post #1 of 6

This is a question to all Home Bakers. If the was such a place that you could rent time in a commercial kitchen enviroment, would you consider renting? It was big enough for 4 staff, all the necessary equipment and a place for you to store. How much would you be willing to pay per hour to have a space on your own?

Not a spam.. I am just curious on the logistics of those who rent. Thank you for your time.

5 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 1:35am
post #2 of 6

based on past threads, the rates on renting kitchen time ranges from $15 to $75 an hour.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 4:46pm
post #3 of 6

If I could legally bake at home, why would I rent?
If I couldn't legally bake at home, then I'd have to rent.

Obviously I don't understand the question.

deMuralist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deMuralist Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 4:57pm
post #4 of 6

I agree with Leah.

Cohaja12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cohaja12 Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 5:26pm
post #5 of 6

Maybe Cherise meant "hobby" baker as opposed to "home baker". She possibly wants to do this for $$

Maybe ....just speculating icon_biggrin.gif If I could legally bake in my home kitchen, I wouldn't even think of spending money to bake somewhere else!

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 6:17pm
post #6 of 6

OP - sounds like your idea may be to create a commercial kitchen to rent out space in..(?). In my area such a kitchen is extremely hard to find - and many folks would gladly pay for time. The rate I've seen is $25+ per hour with one that offers a discounted rate for buying a large chunk of time up front. A couple of such kitchens have folded here, since the economy went sour (they were previously kitchens designed after "dinner tonight"-type concepts. Don't know exactly what challenges they faced). The HD restrictions where I live make a home biz nearly impossible financially (keeping me a hobby baker) so a rental kitchen is ideal. Big enough for a staff of 4 AND a place for storage (a HUGE issue) - I would be willing to pay at least $50 pr hour but you have to know the area.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%