Two Layers Of Filling (Ganache And Smbc) Between Cake Layers

Decorating By drakegore Updated 8 Oct 2010 , 12:03am by TrixieTreats

drakegore Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 10:03pm
post #1 of 3

Can I lay down, between each torted layer, both a ganache frosting (the frosting from the "dble chocolate layer cake" http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Double-Chocolate-Layer-Cake-101275 ) and then smbc on top of the ganache?

will it be a mess?
will they bleed together?
will it make my layers unstable? (not stacking, this is just a 10" round torted into four layers)

i'd love to have the combo of the soft ganache frosting and the smbc between each layer if i can get away with it icon_smile.gif

diane

2 replies
drakegore Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 11:44pm
post #2 of 3

anyone?

TrixieTreats Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 12:03am
post #3 of 3

I have done this with fruit filling and also american buttercream. I don't use SMBC, but it has been fine when I have done it. I use a thicker ganache, and spread it on the top of the bottm layer, then the next component, then I spread the ganache on the underside of the layer that will be sitting on top...to sandwich it if that makes sense... So, cake, ganache, buttercream, ganache, cake
It is a little slick, but if you dam appropriately, especially since it is a single tier, I think it will be fine. It is a great way to combine flavors and textures and looks pretty when cut. It should stay fairly separate unless you are using a ganache that is looser...
Sounds yummy...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%