Giant Cupcake Question

Baking By pinkjacs Updated 7 Oct 2010 , 9:38pm by pinkjacs

pinkjacs  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkjacs Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 3:48pm
post #1 of 9

so excited my giant cup cake tin just arrived,

On the label it says use a 6 egg cake mix....and to half bake base layer then half way through add in top.

Has anyone ever made one of these before is 6 egg mix the Madeira mix???

8 replies
 Kiddiekakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 4:20pm
post #2 of 9

I just use regular cake mixes....It takes one box...although when I baked it the top swirl could have been deeper but was still good.This is the Wilton Giant cupcake pan...

Jordynsmommy09  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jordynsmommy09 Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 4:56pm
post #3 of 9

I've made a couple over the past month. I just bought 2 cake mixes. The bottom took about a box, maybe box and a quarter and the top about 3/4 of a box. I am planning on trying it with a "real cake" soon tho, so let me know how it comes out!

pinkjacs Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 4:57pm
post #4 of 9

hi its not wilton but its the same idea.

I dont use boxed mixes I used the Maderia cake and not sure how it is going to work TBH!

thanks

pinkjacs Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 5:01pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordynsmommy09

I've made a couple over the past month. I just bought 2 cake mixes. The bottom took about a box, maybe box and a quarter and the top about 3/4 of a box. I am planning on trying it with a "real cake" soon tho, so let me know how it comes out!

I will do. Can I ask about the cake mixes is it catering mix or just the stuff you buy in supermarkets. It has never occurred to me to use them.

thanks

bakencake  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 5:13pm
post #6 of 9

If you go to mi pics you can see mine. I used regular cake mix. I over filled it the first time because i felt that i wanted to make sure and get the full design, I just put a cookie sheet underneath it to catch the run on. I usually make 2 cake mixes and fill them up 3/4 of the way up. nothing fancy, nothing hard. good luck.

pinkjacs Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 7:30pm
post #7 of 9

lol well its a mini giant cup cake the mould is really good tho!!! must needs much more mixture!!!!

pinkjacs Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 9:37pm
post #8 of 9

here is the end result...........not too happy with it!!

pinkjacs Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 9:38pm
post #9 of 9

grrr didnt work well its in my pictures if anyone is interested!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%