Giant Cupcake Question

Baking By pinkjacs Updated 7 Oct 2010 , 9:38pm by pinkjacs

pinkjacs Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 3:48pm
post #1 of 9

so excited my giant cup cake tin just arrived,

On the label it says use a 6 egg cake mix....and to half bake base layer then half way through add in top.

Has anyone ever made one of these before is 6 egg mix the Madeira mix???

8 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 4:20pm
post #2 of 9

I just use regular cake mixes....It takes one box...although when I baked it the top swirl could have been deeper but was still good.This is the Wilton Giant cupcake pan...

Jordynsmommy09 Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 4:56pm
post #3 of 9

I've made a couple over the past month. I just bought 2 cake mixes. The bottom took about a box, maybe box and a quarter and the top about 3/4 of a box. I am planning on trying it with a "real cake" soon tho, so let me know how it comes out!

pinkjacs Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 4:57pm
post #4 of 9

hi its not wilton but its the same idea.

I dont use boxed mixes I used the Maderia cake and not sure how it is going to work TBH!

thanks

pinkjacs Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 5:01pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordynsmommy09

I've made a couple over the past month. I just bought 2 cake mixes. The bottom took about a box, maybe box and a quarter and the top about 3/4 of a box. I am planning on trying it with a "real cake" soon tho, so let me know how it comes out!

I will do. Can I ask about the cake mixes is it catering mix or just the stuff you buy in supermarkets. It has never occurred to me to use them.

thanks

bakencake Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 5:13pm
post #6 of 9

If you go to mi pics you can see mine. I used regular cake mix. I over filled it the first time because i felt that i wanted to make sure and get the full design, I just put a cookie sheet underneath it to catch the run on. I usually make 2 cake mixes and fill them up 3/4 of the way up. nothing fancy, nothing hard. good luck.

pinkjacs Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 7:30pm
post #7 of 9

lol well its a mini giant cup cake the mould is really good tho!!! must needs much more mixture!!!!

pinkjacs Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 9:37pm
post #8 of 9

here is the end result...........not too happy with it!!

pinkjacs Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 9:38pm
post #9 of 9

grrr didnt work well its in my pictures if anyone is interested!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%