Which Tip For Grass

Decorating By Levh Updated 7 Oct 2010 , 10:31pm by Herekittykitty

Levh Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 2:25pm
post #1 of 7

I am doing a cake where i need to have a grass looking effect, which tip is the most common for this type of design. Also is there a certain icing i should use that works best for designs like these also?

6 replies
TexasSugar Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 2:33pm
post #2 of 7

Wilton makes one I believe the number is 233. Medium to thin buttercream icing will work.

CWR41 Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 2:48pm
post #3 of 7

TexasSugar is correct... #233 grass tip.
Or the extra large grass tip #333.

staceyflute Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 5:43pm
post #4 of 7

Agree with the ladies above. I used that same tip on this cake...


Is that the texture you are looking for?

brensmom12 Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 5:53pm
post #5 of 7

I agree. I used the same tip and it works great! Check out my golf cake.

Levh Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 7:56pm
post #6 of 7

yes that is perfect!! So do i just pipe it on and random ways to get the effect?

Herekittykitty Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 10:31pm
post #7 of 7


Quote by @%username% on %date%