Chocolate Ganache Question

Baking By diamondsmom Updated 7 Oct 2010 , 3:12pm by Karen421

diamondsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsmom Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 12:11pm
post #1 of 4

Hi CC'ers,

I made a 2 batches of Chocolate ganache last night. (white chocolate and dark chocolate) the white chocolate set up just fine like peanut butter consistency or a little stiffer, but my dark chocolate i think i may have put a little too much cream maybe. It is not as thick as the white chocolate and i was wondering if i will still be able to spread it on the cake nicely, it is not thin but just not as thick as i thought it should be. Is there anything i do to fix it or can i use it as is?

Thanks sooooo much,

Diamondsmom

3 replies
Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 12:35pm
post #2 of 4

You could whip it, if it isn't real thin, or you could always add a little more chocolate. Dark chocolate usually doesn't require as much heavy cream as white chocolate. More of a 2 to 1 ratio. Good Luck!

diamondsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsmom Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 2:07pm
post #3 of 4

Ok thanks. So if I was to add like a cup more chocolate, should I just melt the cocolate in the microwave and add it to the bowl of ganache?

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 3:12pm
post #4 of 4

It depends on how "thin" it is. Start with a little you can always add more. When I have to add, I use a tiny amount of heavy whipping cream that I just warm in the microwave, mix in the chocolate. Microwave it a little more it you have to-to get the chocolate smooth. Then add it to your thin ganache. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%