Help With Ideas :)

Baking By adventuregal Updated 7 Oct 2010 , 8:04pm by SweetDreamsBoutique

adventuregal Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 6:54am
post #1 of 7

Hey everyone!
I'm doing my first set of bazaars this year and am only doing cupcakes. I'm so new that I'm getting a little anxious thinking about what needs to be done. If theres anyone that has been through the rounds I would really appreciate some words of wisdom. Right now I'm trying to find a good place to order disposable plastic containers to sell them in, but I'm also trying to figure out what to keep them in while they're on 'disply'?
Any advice would be enormously helpful.
TIA!

6 replies
LynnzieJean Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 8:42am
post #2 of 7

www.shopcountrykitchen.com their simply amazing with everything!!

SweetDreamsBoutique Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 1:57pm
post #3 of 7

I do a lot of festivals in our area and sell my cupcakes there. I ordered chinese take-out boxes to put them in when someone makes a single cupcake purchase because I could get them really cheap. I also got some boxes that hold 4 cupcakes as well.
For the display case, I use an acrylic table top one. I found a seller on ebay that was actually in my area so I didn't have to pay for shipping, but even with the shipping, it is still cheaper than any restaurant supply store, and it is a good quality and looks really nice. Here is a link to their ebay. I just got the 2 tier one, not this one listed, and it is plenty big enough. Way bigger than I pictured it to be.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Large-Acrylic-Pastry-Bakery-Donut-Display-Case-3-Tier-/230448168216?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35a7c7fd18

diane223 Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 2:07pm
post #4 of 7

Where I am, the health departmnet requires that the food at bazaars/flea market/community day events has to be prepackaged. I sell cupcakes at the bingo of the firehouse where I rent my kitchen. I buy the 9 oz. clear plastic highball cups from Sam's club. Put the cupcake in the cup and then put the cup in a cello bag and tie with ribbons. It keeps the icing from getting mangled and it's a very cute presentation. I saw it on somebody's website, so it's not my original idea. I, at times, add a plastic fork as well.

adventuregal Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 5:51pm
post #5 of 7

I'll have to check out shopcountrykitchen icon_smile.gif
SweetDreamsBoutique-do you have to buy inserts to prevent tipping or are the cupcakes o.k to be in the chinese box by themselves?
Diane223-that does sound like a very cute presentation icon_smile.gif I don't have a Sams Club here so I'm not sure what the highballer cups are-I could try to find something similar at cash and carry-what do they look like?

diane223 Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 6:59pm
post #6 of 7

Oh sorry. The highball are just the clear plastic drinking cups that you would use for a party. Not the tall ones though--9 oz cups are the perfect size. i'm sure you could find them at any other warehouse club and I have even gotten sleeves of the cups at the grocery store. Just far more economical at the warehouse stores, as I go through them very quickly. This is not the best picture, but it gives you an idea of what i am talking about. Again--just a quickly thrown together picture. Just picture that whole thing in a gussetted cello bag and tied with ribbon.

SweetDreamsBoutique Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 8:04pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregal

I'll have to check out shopcountrykitchen icon_smile.gif
SweetDreamsBoutique-do you have to buy inserts to prevent tipping or are the cupcakes o.k to be in the chinese box by themselves?
Diane223-that does sound like a very cute presentation icon_smile.gif I don't have a Sams Club here so I'm not sure what the highballer cups are-I could try to find something similar at cash and carry-what do they look like?

I don't use inserts and haven't had any issues at all with tipping. I do have to sort of bend the top of the smaller boxes to make it a rounder opening but we've had good success with them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%