Royal Icing Strengthener

Baking By mychurch Updated 22 Oct 2010 , 6:42am by mychurch

mychurch Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 6:38am
post #1 of 7

i would like to make a royal icing run out for the first time, namely a small guitar to stand on top of a fondant cake. I have heard that wiltons make color flow to strengthen the royal icing, but would like to know if this is made under another name, or how to strengthen any other way. or perhaps royal icing will hold up on its own? can anyone advise me pleeeease?

6 replies
icer101 Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 6:59am
post #2 of 7

Color flow is another product of wilton's. It dries harder and shinier than r/i. You don,t mix the two. I do think r/i will be strong enough for your guitar project. hth

mychurch Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 7:05am
post #3 of 7

aww thank you very much for your help.

beenie51 Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 8:44am
post #4 of 7

you can also add cream of tarter to the royal icing to make it sturdier

mychurch Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 10:01am
post #5 of 7

oh thank you,do you know in what quantity? thanks for your help

LindaF144a Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 12:35pm
post #6 of 7

Actually read the label of the meringue powder you use because i believe that cream of tartar is already added to it.

mychurch Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 6:42am
post #7 of 7

so sorry i havent replied to your message, i only got back from holidays this morning but thanks for your help and i will read the ingredients on the meringue powder to check, thanks again. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%