Cake Flavor Combination Question, Please Help

Decorating By jessielynne Updated 7 Oct 2010 , 2:15am by jessielynne

jessielynne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessielynne Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 1:22am
post #1 of 6

I received a cake order for this weekend and the customer requested a white chocolate cake with lemon mousse filling and lemon buttercream. Personally this combo does not sound like it would go together. Does anyone have experience making a cake like this? If so, do these flavors go together. I want to give the customer what she wants, but also want the cake to taste as delicious as possible. Any input would be helpful. Thank you

5 replies
caymancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caymancake Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 1:30am
post #2 of 6

I haven't tried that combo yet...but I have had white chocolate with raspberry before - to die for! I have found that white chocolate in general goes well with things that are slightly tart, so it might work!

Your white chocolate cake sounds delish! If you don't mind...can you please PM me with the recipe?

Babs1964 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babs1964 Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 1:35am
post #3 of 6

I personally think that sounds to "die for", so could I get the recipe too! icon_lol.gificon_smile.gif

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 1:41am
post #4 of 6

Actually it is a good combination. The Cake Mix Doctor has a white chocolate lemon lovers cake which is white chocolate lemon cake with lemon curd filling and white chocolate lemon buttercream.

quietude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quietude Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 1:51am
post #5 of 6

It's a good flavor combination!

jessielynne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessielynne Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 2:15am
post #6 of 6

Thank you SO much for all of your input!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%