Perhaps A New Scam

Business By littlecake Updated 6 Oct 2010 , 4:45am by littlecake

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 4:01am
post #1 of 5

instead of the strawberry happy married life,

they wanted 300 cookies 300 cupcakes and a bunch of sandwiches...wanted to pay credit card by the hearing impaired phone, and have the shipper pick them up.

be careful looks like they might be changing thier story thumbsdown.gif

4 replies
cupcakeology Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeology Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 4:19am
post #2 of 5

I just logged on CC to talk about this!! We've gotten 7, of these relay calls since Friday. All of them wanting in excess of 400 cupcakes to be "picked up from your facility via private driver between the hours of 10pm and 1pm." All of them asking to add an additional amount of money to their total bill to be handed to the "private driver" in cash.

I can't believe the amount of time and energy people put into trying to scam money out of others!

My husband strung one of them along for quite a while, asking about their wedding colors, flavors, any special designs and my husband insisted that for an order that size we would be happy to deliver and set it up if they could just provide the address. They of course hung up right away!

littlecake Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 4:27am
post #3 of 5

yeah scammers alright...i emailed them back to make sure, they are unwilling to give me any contact info.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 4:37am
post #4 of 5

We've gotten valid orders from TDD relay before, but that's definitely a scam, and a lazy scam at that.

Just remember when you tie up the scammer on the line (who is probably managing multiple TDD calls at once) you are also taking up the time of a relay operator who could be assisting other people.

littlecake Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 4:45am
post #5 of 5

they have just emailed me so far...i'm emailing them back....for fun.

i finally got them to give me an address for their residence.....i googled it....oh yeah...it's 100 miles away...and there just happens to be a medical center there....lol.

the last email i sent them, i asked why they were oredring from so far away...it'll be interesting to see what they answer...but they might not, i might have become too much of a pain in da booty by now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%