I Need A Lemon Butter Cream Recipe

Baking By sweettreat101 Updated 7 Oct 2010 , 12:51am by caymancake

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 3:03am
post #1 of 5

Can I just use lemon juice? I have a friend that wants lemon cake with a lemon glaze and lemon butter cream. Any help greatly appreciated.

4 replies
caymancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caymancake Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 3:25am
post #2 of 5

For my lemon glaze, I just use the lemon juice, lemon zest, a few drops of lemon extract, a touch of milk, a couple drops of light corn syrup and powdered sugar. I just whisk until its the consistency I want - more milk for thinner, more sugar for thicker.

For lemon buttercream, I don't use lemon juice...not sure if it would mess up the consistency. I just make it as I would do with vanilla buttercream. I add lemon zest and pure lemon extract instead of vanilla and taste. If its not lemon-y enough, then I add more. If its too lemony, I add a touch of vanilla to tone it down.

I hope this helps!

dreamdelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamdelights Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 3:37am
post #3 of 5

for my lemon butter cream I put lemon curd in the butter cream. Adjust it to your taste.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 7:36am
post #4 of 5

Has anyone used Lemon candy oil in frosting before.? I heard it has a stronger flavor. If I use lemon extract about how much should I start with for one batch of butter cream. Average butter cream recipe using two pounds of powdered sugar. Thank you.

caymancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caymancake Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 12:51am
post #5 of 5

I've never used any candy oil as its not readily available here in Cayman. I usually start with a teaspoon or two. And adjust according to taste.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%