How Do I Keep Buttercream From Sweating???!!!!

Decorating By myriah93 Updated 6 Oct 2010 , 4:38am by indydebi

myriah93 Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 2:23am
post #1 of 3

Ok so after baking, i put the cake in ht fridge and let it COMPLETLY cool off before i put the crumb-coat on. After i let the crumb-coat set in the fridge i take it out and begin icing it. after i ice it a sencond time i put it back in the fridge and when i take it out the next day the buttercream beginds to "sweat"! IDK WHAT IM DOING WRONG! Im baking a wedding cake this weekend and could really use your help!!!! I need the buttercream to be hard like everyother cake ive seen

2 replies
microbiology1 Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 2:54am
post #2 of 3

There's always going to be a certain amount of condensation (sweating) when you take something cold out of a refrigerator and put it in a warm room. You can reduce this by reducing the temperature in the room but it's still going to happen. Exactly what is the problem you are having? Is the color separating or icing sliding off the cake? All of my cakes sweat when I remove them from the fridge but the effect only lasts until the cake reaches the same temperature as the room.

indydebi Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 4:38am
post #3 of 3

unless you're using a perishable filling, you dont' have to put the cake in the 'frig. I never refrigerated my cakes. (and milk in the icing doesn't make it perishable).

Quote by @%username% on %date%