Strawberry Shortcake Bday Cake

Baking By leannedash Updated 5 Oct 2010 , 3:41pm by jewels710

leannedash Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 1:13pm
post #1 of 3

hi! I am going to make my daughter a 3- tiered cake for her bday coming up. My theme is strawberry shortcake ("her" theme, i mean)
So i wanted three different flavors...strawberry, white/yellow cake and a chocolate cake. I have been searching the recipe section and have found many great ones
my question is...what is ur favorite classic cake recipes....
I will probably use the DH cake. I enjoy those, although i have been reading lately that they changed the formula and the WASC no longer works for this cake...hmmmmm? is this true?
and should i just use classic buttercream icing fo tthe layers or should i use chocolate, strawberry and buttercream??? Just want some opinions from all my fellow decorators...appreciate any ideas!!!! thanks
icon_smile.gif

2 replies
caked4life Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 1:45pm
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by leannedash

hi! I am going to make my daughter a 3- tiered cake for her bday coming up. My theme is strawberry shortcake ("her" theme, i mean)
So i wanted three different flavors...strawberry, white/yellow cake and a chocolate cake. I have been searching the recipe section and have found many great ones
my question is...what is ur favorite classic cake recipes....
I will probably use the DH cake. I enjoy those, although i have been reading lately that they changed the formula and the WASC no longer works for this cake...hmmmmm? is this true?
and should i just use classic buttercream icing fo tthe layers or should i use chocolate, strawberry and buttercream??? Just want some opinions from all my fellow decorators...appreciate any ideas!!!! thanks
icon_smile.gif

Hi leannedash,
I recently made a strawberry WASC using DH and it turned out great! Instead of using water in the recipe I used strawberry puree and it was delicous. HTH

jewels710 Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 3:41pm
post #3 of 3

WASC seems to be a customer fave of mine, but I use the Pilsbury White mix, turns out amazing every time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%