Using Scal With Cricut..............

Lounge By madgeowens Updated 6 Oct 2010 , 7:04pm by tigerhawk83

madgeowens Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 6:55am
post #1 of 3

where do you all get your images? Do you have a favorite website for jpegs or gifs?

2 replies
madgeowens Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 1:48am
post #2 of 3

no one using scal software with cricut?

tigerhawk83 Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 7:04pm
post #3 of 3

I just Google the name of the image I want and see what comes up - for example I did a tennis court stencil. So I googled tennis court images and then just scrolled thru them till I found what I wanted. Or google online coloring books - these have some very good drawings

Start with fairly simple line drawings with little or no color - these work the best converting from .bmp to .scut files within SCAL. You might need to tinker with the images in Paint (or something similar) to get a good file to use. You do need a .bmp file so if you find a .jpg you want, open it in Paint then SAVE AS a .bmp file - then import .bmp file into SCAL to get a .scut file (which is what actually cuts). You may have to tinker with a file several times to get exactly what you want to cut - so cut LOTS of samples on plain paper (I use old calendars - that shiny paper is great) until you are sure you are getting what you want before you try to cut posterboard or stencil material - or heaven forbid gumpaste icon_eek.gif (I haven't tried that yet)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%