St. Jude Fundraiser Centerpieces?

Decorating By leily Updated 5 Oct 2010 , 4:43pm by Herekittykitty

leily Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 1:35am
post #1 of 4

So I have offered to provide centerpieces for a trivia night to raise money for St. Jude. The theme will be Halloween (it's the weekend before) and i am trying to come up with some ideas on what i can provide.

I would like to provide mini cupcakes, sugar cookies, and rice krispy treats. I have two issues, 1) I can't think of anything else to provide 2) How do i display these? I have some 10"x10" plates that i was thinking of just putting everything on, but i'd like to give it some height.

I am also providing a gift certificate for their silent auction so I would like to try to keep the price of the non-edible items down.

Any ideas are appreciated!!

3 replies
TheSpottedCake Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 4:10pm
post #2 of 4

What about cake pops to match the theme or colors of the event?

Also to provide a little height under the plates you could always glue a glass (upside down) to the bottom. I did this for my daughter's birthday party treats with a black plate and a clear sundae glass and it looked really cute. It's also really affordable.

Herekittykitty Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 4:43pm
post #4 of 4

You can buy sundae bowls (tall/narrow, short/wide) at Wal-Mart and clear plates - or check the halloween isle for some festive ones. You can stack them or as TheSpottedCake said, glue them togehter (and then stack?) for height. Works like a charm and each piece is less than $3 (in fact I think the most expensive one is $2.50 here).

Quote by @%username% on %date%