Scal Vs. Mtc?

Decorating By yummy_in_my_tummy Updated 7 Oct 2010 , 7:32pm by yummy_in_my_tummy

yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 10:09pm
post #1 of 8

I have a question for those that have used SCAL and/or MTC with their Cricut Cake. I've attached a jpg of a napkin that one of my friends fell in love with. She wants the large flower on a baby shower cake. If I convert the file to an SVG, is this something that one of the programs can cut out? I haven't purchased either one yet, wasn't sure if it would be able to handle something like this?

Thank for your help!

7 replies
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 10:12pm
post #2 of 8

Ok, so I can't get it to attach... maybe I can put the link to the website!

http://www.partycity.com/product/fresh+impressions+beverage+napkins+16ct.do?sortby=ourPicks&size=all&from=Search

yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 4:46pm
post #3 of 8

Can anyone help??

kellybelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellybelle Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 2:17am
post #4 of 8

I just started with MTC it seems to be a really good program. I tried to see if I could bring in the flower that you want, I usually can save it in my pictures but this will not let me. There might be another way to But I am not sure how. I would imagine that if you can find another one like it you shouldn't have a problem bringing it into the program. Not sure if this helps any but it is all I know for now.
Kelly

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 2:30am
post #5 of 8

I have SCAL. I don't vote for it.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 2:35am
post #6 of 8

I have scal...so far so good

what_a_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
what_a_cake Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 2:41am
post #7 of 8

Yes! you would need to edit the image to separate in, lets say, 4 or 5 colors to be able to cut the corresponding parts ffrom each color.

That is if you plan to create a polichromatic image in fondant... a different aproach could be cut the shape in one or two colors and paint accents with a brush.

Any ways, MTC can do it. I just did it, save the image in jpg, import pixel trace and have the image ready to cut. What's exactly your idea? I can send you the jpeg if you want

yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 7:32pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks everyone for your help! what_a_cake emailed me the jpg so I'm going to play with it tonight - wish me luck!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%