Best Products?

Decorating By Renesaindon Updated 8 Oct 2010 , 8:47pm by Brookbourque

Renesaindon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renesaindon Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 8:13pm
post #1 of 5

What products do you prefer for different decorating activities and why do you like them better than others? Example: Wilton food coloring vs. Americolor food coloring?

I am new and trying to find what to buy and what to stay away from. Any help would be much obliged!

4 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 8:25pm
post #2 of 5

I like Magic Line pans the best, heavy duty, made in america and SHARP corners on the squares.

Americolors for gel coloring as they have very vibrant colors and are the easiest for me to find (besides wilton)

There are lots of different things out there, do you have a preference right now of fondant, buttercream, gumpaste work? If you get into flower making there are a TON of cutters and stuff out there that i'm sure there are preferred brands, but i don't do that stuff.

Renesaindon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renesaindon Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 7:18pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks!

I am now trying to figure out what kind of airbrushing equipment is good and what to stay away from. Looking for ideas on that, too!

shearpamela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shearpamela Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 8:16pm
post #4 of 5

I don't have one myself but I have read that KopyKake is a good airbrush to use.

Brookbourque Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brookbourque Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 8:47pm
post #5 of 5

I also perfer Magic Line pans, and for the same reasons.
I use both Wilton and Americolor but I perfer Americolor because you can squeeze out what you need, instead of messing with tootpicks.
I recently started making my own fondant, I use the Easy Peasy MMF recipe and it works for me. I used to use Satin Ice and I love it also but making it myself is cheaper.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%