This Has Probaly Been Asked Before But Mmf Or Satin Ice?

Decorating By CraveBakery Updated 4 Oct 2010 , 7:46pm by Stephy42088

CraveBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CraveBakery Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 2

I am debating ordering it, becuase I think I can save a big cost by making MMF....but I'm worried about taste. I heard that MMF was to sweet....survey says????

1 reply
Stephy42088 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stephy42088 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 7:46pm
post #2 of 2

I used to make MMF for everything but have gotton away from it because of the time and short shelf life. I don't use it enough to warrent making it all the time and I have found that the consistency isn't ideal either. When rolling it out its almost rubbery rather than play-doughy. Although I have gotton many compliments on the taste of the MMF it just hasn't proven to be cost effective because of the time is money scenario. I know order mine from Bakery Crafts. If you can get an account they are great. A lot of the stuff they sell is meant for large commercial bakeries such as sams, walmart or other large grocery store chains but they also sell many edibles such as fondant, sanding sugars, decorations, etc. They also sell a lot of basic tools, pans, rolling pins, cookie cutters, etc. Their fondant runs at $46 for 15lb bucket. Which is the best price I have come across. There is also no minimum order and no shipping cost for an order over $125. Hope this helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%