How To Make This Cake?

Decorating By Pickulz Updated 4 Oct 2010 , 7:22pm by Pickulz

Pickulz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pickulz Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 5

I saw this on a blog and loved the idea...there are some instructions in the comments...but i was wondering if you all could help me with this cake.

-What size pans would I need? I only have a 8 inch square pan!

-And how should i carve the 'stair step.? Any good techniques? I have never carved before...and would be so scared to do it!

Any other trips or suggestions for this type of cake...

4 replies
Pickulz Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 6:45pm
post #2 of 5

ok..so the pic didnt attach...
let me see if i can post the link

http://jumpinmonkies.livejournal.com/33479.html?view=166599#t166599

Sucrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sucrea Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 7:02pm
post #3 of 5

I haven't had a lot of experience at carving cake so I wouldn't carve the steps. I would bake all the cake in the 8" square pan if that is the biggest size you want the bottom cake. I would then cut down the other cakes to 6" square, 4" square, and 2" square. Then stack. You should be able to get two of the layers out of one 8" cake. You will have leftover cake that you could make into lego block cake balls!

what_a_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
what_a_cake Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 7:14pm
post #4 of 5

good idea, much easy than carving, stack the layers being cit 1.5-2" inch less each, no biggie... however 442 "studs" to be placed on the Legos bricks.... that's a job! you will have to take on consideration the blogger post regarding almost 8 hours on doing so.

Pickulz Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 7:22pm
post #5 of 5

you're right!! 442 studs is a lot!!!
And 8 hours!!!

But its been a while since i made a challenging cake..u know? My last one was a minnie mouse one...and my son would just love it..i know!

Any ideas on how far in advance i can do it all?
If the party is on Friday:

-Tuesday- I can bake all the layers
-Wednesday -I can stack all the layers with BC in b/w the layers and make all my studs out of fondant
-Thursday -Put a thin layer of BC and apply all the fondant (individual pieces!!) yikes! My back is already hurting thinking about it!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%