Americolor Supplies

Decorating By Darthburn Updated 12 Oct 2010 , 10:11am by jimmers

Darthburn Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 4:41pm
post #1 of 19

Where does everyone order their Americolor from? I once saw a suggestion on here to pick some up on a website... I want to say it was a 10 pieces 9 oz bottles sampler pack (may have been airbrush colors) for like $20. I looked it up, but never bought it. I also want to get some gels... hopefuly for a decent pack and price as well.

So can anyone point a fellow caker that has finally seen the Americolor light find his way?

Thank you everyone! icon_smile.gif

18 replies
Herekittykitty Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 5:07pm
post #2 of 19

GSA sells Americolor gels. Try googling Americolor Gels and see what else comes up. I buy mine locally, but did research it once, there are several places that sell it.

CookieD-oh Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 5:49pm
post #3 of 19

Do you have a Hobby Lobby nearby? I just saw some Americolors there. Also, I think I heard that Michaels is carrying them now?

aswartzw Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 6:17pm
post #4 of 19

I hate paying shipping but was about to cave b/c I really wanted Americolor when Hobby Lobby started carrying some colors. I love them. Plus my local cake shop (which is in an area that's not really safe and I hate to go) also carries them.

Darthburn Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 7:11pm
post #5 of 19

Well I'm in Bakersfield and we have no local cake decoration suppliers icon_sad.gif so ordering them online is my only choice unless I drive 2 hours to get it. I wish we had a Hoddy Lobby... it's 2 hours north... and Michaels isn't carrying Americolor... at least not in Bakersfield.

Global Sugar Art is a nice site... but wasn't the one I found the Americolor on earlier... hmmm.

Thank you all for the suggestions... I'm still looking! icon_smile.gif

windemire Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 9:37pm
post #7 of 19

I've always used Americolor.org, but I just checked, and it looks like the site is down. icon_sad.gif Hopefully it's just temporary, cause I've always found them to be the least expensive, and have been very happy with their service.

ibmoser Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 12:38am
post #8 of 19

I agree with BlakesCakes - great prices and service.

gingerbreadtogo Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 12:51am
post #9 of 19

The best price I have found is at ******************** - for the 4.5 oz size.

gingerbreadtogo Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 12:52am
post #10 of 19

******************** dot com - (omit slashes)sorry I guess they are not on good terms with CC

BlakesCakes Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 1:23am
post #11 of 19

******************** dot com 4.5oz. $3.95

www.****************** .com. 4.5oz. $3.29

Rae

Darthburn Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 1:34am
post #12 of 19

Thank you so much everyone! I really appreciate the help. I'm so anxious to get some colors and start using them!! Wish me luck! If they help my cakes even slightly I'll be doing great... I need ALL the help I can get! icon_smile.gif

gingerbreadtogo Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 1:40am
post #13 of 19

Thanks Rae, I'll check them out.

hollyml Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 7:58am
post #14 of 19

I'm pretty sure you can get the multicolor packs of the little bottles on Amazon.

I've never managed to buy any of my supplies online, because I always end up needing whatever it is right away -- no time to order and wait for it to be shipped! Fortunately there are several local stores that carry at least some decent cake stuff, so although I'm sure I could get things cheaper, I'm willing to pay a bit more for the convenience and other advantages of buying locally.

gingerbreadtogo Posted 9 Oct 2010 , 9:47pm
post #16 of 19

Rae, Just want to thank you for bringing up fondant-s- Most everything they carry that I need is a little cheaper than my other suppliers.

Thanks to silverc for pointing out the coupon.. I got a good deal today...

Everyone is so helpful on this forum..

Cakesbykaye Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 7:45am
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbreadtogo

Rae, Just want to thank you for bringing up fondant-s- Most everything they carry that I need is a little cheaper than my other suppliers.

=====================
I'm wanting to place an order from them for Americolor gels....I'm going to get about 8 of the .75 oz bottles and about 6 of the 4.5 oz bottles and 1 of the 13.5 oz bottles....
They are in Florida and I'm in Ky....
any idea what u think it might cost me for shipping approximately??
was mainly wondering am I looking in the range of say $10+ , $20+ or more or less.... just a ball park figure would be helpful...

Cakesbykaye Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 7:48am
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbreadtogo

=====================
I'm wanting to place an order from them for Americolor gels....I'm going to get about 8 of the .75 oz bottles and about 6 of the 4.5 oz bottles and 1 of the 13.5 oz bottles.... I already added them to my cart and With the discount it comes to $33.34 (pretty awesome Price!!!)
They are in Florida and I'm in Ky.... any idea what u think it might cost me for shipping approximately?? Was mainly wondering am I looking in the shipping price range of say $10+ , $20+ or more or less.... just a ball park figure would be helpful...

I was hoping once I added it all to my cart it would tell me ahead of time...but its just wanting me to pay now...and I do not want to pay before knowing my shipping costs!

jimmers Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 10:11am
post #19 of 19

try vanillafoodcompany.ca I just typed americolor samples in google n it brought that up. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%