When To Bake Cupcakes?

Baking By buggus Updated 6 Oct 2010 , 10:47pm by Kamstor

buggus Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 1:12pm
post #1 of 7

I have 130 cupcakes to bake for a wedding, and I work full time. I can't take the day off from my full-time job before the wedding to bake the cupcakes, so do you think spreading them out over 2 days in the evenings will be okay?? Or they won't be fresh enough??

6 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 1:20pm
post #2 of 7

Starting baking them and freezing them.Cupcakes take very well to being frozen and thawed...Just take them out and ice and you are set...

buggus Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 1:34pm
post #3 of 7

Oh wow, I never even thought to freeze them. But will the freezing affect the cupcake liner??

ellentwn Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 1:37pm
post #4 of 7

I never had a problem with the paper pulling away. I've frozen cuppies for up to 2 weeks.

Kiddiekakes Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 2:45pm
post #5 of 7

me too...never had a problem.

Megabot Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 4:37pm
post #6 of 7

Do you ice while still frozen or let them thaw first? Can you make the frosting early too?

Kamstor Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 10:47pm
post #7 of 7

I just recently did a wedding where I had to make 150 cupcakes and like you I work full time. I spend the Saturday before the wedding baking and froze all 150 cupcakes. Each dozen I wrapped in saran wrap then covered in tin foil. I defrosted the cupcakes first and they came out SUPER MOIST then I frosted them the day before the wedding.

I got great reviews and all went smooth.

Good Luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%