First Wedding Cake And Looking For A Recipe For Sponge Cake

Baking By Louise0303 Updated 5 Oct 2010 , 12:49pm by trotters

Louise0303 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 9:28am
post #1 of 7

Im looking for a receipe for a wedding cake sponge. It will be covered in Lemon Butter Icing.
It will be a three tiered cake, but needs to feed 100 guests, so not sure what sponge to use to withstand the weight?
Not sure if it must be a pound cake / vanilla sponge / white sponge?

6 replies
MikeRowesHunny Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 10:43am
post #2 of 7

I use the same recipes all the time and my customers LOVE them. They are moist, yet can be stacked (although most cakes can be stacked - it's all about your support system, that bears the weight, not the cakes). I will PM you the recipe, let me know what measuring system you are most comfortable with icon_smile.gif. What flavour do you want? Are you doing round or square tiers and how tall (I will also give you the amounts needed for each)?

ctirella Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 10:58am
post #3 of 7

Im looking for tha same thing please.

shannycakers Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 11:38am
post #4 of 7

Me too!! please share with me tooicon_smile.gif white or chocicon_smile.gif

brincess_b Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 12:06pm
post #5 of 7

Victoria or maderia sponge is pretty common in the uk. There are other flavours of it on google.
xx

Cakechick123 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 12:27pm
post #6 of 7

pound cake is not very popular in South Africa, I just do a normal sponge cake. Also the traditional US white cake is not traditional in SA icon_smile.gif
Be carefull when converting US recipes, I've never had sucess with those. My best advise will be to go and get a South African recipe book and start playing with the recipes in there. Practise until you find one that works for you.

Remember its not the cake that takes the weight of the other tiers, its your internal support system

HTH!

trotters Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 12:49pm
post #7 of 7

yea am lost to icon_sad.gif i need some thing that i cant shape good?!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%