Website Host/programs

Business By CookieMeister Updated 7 Oct 2010 , 1:25pm by beamom

CookieMeister Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 3:32am
post #1 of 7

I started my website almost a year ago using Go Daddy and their website design program, Website Tonight. I hate Website tonight! I can't make it do anything I want it to. Any recommendations on hosts with programs that are user friendly?

6 replies
sari66 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 3:43am
post #2 of 7

Yahoo is good

jason_kraft Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 3:59am
post #3 of 7

You may want to consider looking at local colleges for web design students, many are willing to design a good-looking site that doesn't look like every other template for cheap. Just make sure you map out exactly what you want from the site first.

jqorso Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 4:25pm
post #4 of 7

You may also want to look at taking a class on making web pages. I took one online and it was straight forward and easy to learn. I like the idea of knowing how to code it myself. Then I don't have to hunt down a web designer every time I want to change something on my site.

jmarch26 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 7:16pm
post #5 of 7

I use and I registered my name through Weebly is very easy to use and free if you just use the basics. I have had a lot of compliments on my site.

PinkLisa Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 9:38pm
post #6 of 7

I use Microsoft's Front Page software to design my own site. I like having control over everything on my website. You will need to have someone create a logo for you.

beamom Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 1:25pm
post #7 of 7

I created my site on my mac through iweb. I can also do my blog on the site through my mac and host as many sites as I look through moblile me for $99. This amount also allows me to look at my computer hard drive on any computer at any time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%