Website Host/programs

Business By CookieMeister Updated 7 Oct 2010 , 1:25pm by beamom

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 3:32am
post #1 of 7

I started my website almost a year ago using Go Daddy and their website design program, Website Tonight. I hate Website tonight! I can't make it do anything I want it to. Any recommendations on hosts with programs that are user friendly?

6 replies
sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 3:43am
post #2 of 7

Yahoo is good

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 3:59am
post #3 of 7

You may want to consider looking at local colleges for web design students, many are willing to design a good-looking site that doesn't look like every other template for cheap. Just make sure you map out exactly what you want from the site first.

jqorso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jqorso Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 4:25pm
post #4 of 7

You may also want to look at taking a class on making web pages. I took one online and it was straight forward and easy to learn. I like the idea of knowing how to code it myself. Then I don't have to hunt down a web designer every time I want to change something on my site.

jmarch26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmarch26 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 7:16pm
post #5 of 7

I use weebly.com and I registered my name through godaddy.com. Weebly is very easy to use and free if you just use the basics. I have had a lot of compliments on my site.

PinkLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkLisa Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 9:38pm
post #6 of 7

I use Microsoft's Front Page software to design my own site. I like having control over everything on my website. You will need to have someone create a logo for you.

beamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beamom Posted 7 Oct 2010 , 1:25pm
post #7 of 7

I created my site on my mac through iweb. I can also do my blog on the site through my mac and host as many sites as I look through moblile me for $99. This amount also allows me to look at my computer hard drive on any computer at any time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%