Marble Wasc Recipe

Baking By CakesbyCase Updated 4 Oct 2010 , 7:34pm by CakesbyCase

CakesbyCase Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyCase Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 2:58am
post #1 of 4

Looking for suggestions, best solutions, etc...

I have to make a 1/2 sheet marble cake this week. I normally use the WASC recipe.

I plan to do 80% of the cake mix yellow and then swirl in the chocolate. I've successfully done this a few other times, but not thinking at the time, didn't write down how much cocoa I used.

I'm just looking for some info/advice... How do others out there accomplish a 1/2 sheet using WASC basic recipe?

Thanks!

3 replies
cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 3:14am
post #2 of 4

When I made a marble cake I used the WASC and Amazing chocolate WASC recipes and swirled the two together. I believe I had to make a triple recipe for the pan (three cake mixes) so I used 2 white and 1 chocolate. It turned out perfectly!

Ladiesofthehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladiesofthehouse Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 3:23am
post #3 of 4

I just did this in a half sheet and it turned out really well. I made one batch each of WASC and Chocolate WASC (with chocolate cake mix, not adding coca to the white)

I poured the WASC into the pan and smoothed it, then poured the chocolate all over it in swirls. I didn't mix them, just left the swirls. The cake baked perfectly, I was worried the chocolate would sink but it didn't.

CakesbyCase Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyCase Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 7:34pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you! Like I said, I've done this several times prior and all were successful. I just want to try to uniform my process! lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%