Cleaning Your Tips

Decorating By zespri Updated 4 Oct 2010 , 12:53pm by kansaslaura

zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 2:23am
post #1 of 9

do you put your piping tips through the dishwasher?

8 replies
Kahlua Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kahlua Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 2:30am
post #2 of 9

Yes in a little bag but if your dishwasher has a little compartment in the cutlery stand with a lid it you don't need a bag.

elvisb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvisb Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 2:36am
post #3 of 9

Mine go in the dishwasher in the silverware compartment. I don't have a lid on my compartment, and I don't have a bag. You just make sure you stick a few tips in each section, then put enough silverware in each to prevent them from flying out. Works wonderfully.

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 2:48am
post #4 of 9

i don't. I put them in a saucepan with a drop of dish liquid and bring to a boil, stir them around and let them sit in the hot soapy water for a while. Then i rinse with hot tap water.

TabbieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TabbieCakes Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 3:06am
post #5 of 9

I do, in the silverware basket compartment with the lid, but not before I use the tiny little "bottle" brush tip cleaner on them to scrape the icing out. For some reason if I dont do this they come out of the dishwasher with icing remnants stuck inside. HTH

dguerrant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dguerrant Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 3:08am
post #6 of 9

[quote="DeeDelightful"]i don't. I put them in a saucepan with a drop of dish liquid and bring to a boil, stir them around and let them sit in the hot soapy water for a while. Then i rinse with hot tap water.[/quote

that's exactly what i do too

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 12:22pm
post #7 of 9

one of the best tips for cleaning tips i learned here on CC.

I put them in a glass bowl and cover with water (at least 1" over the top of them) and a drop of dishsoap. Put them in the microwave for 10 minutes and then rinse with hot water. Same effect as boiling them on the stove, just a lot quicker for me. Plus the steam loosens everything in the microwave for easy cleaning (since others in the house don't know how to cover up food)

And yes it's ok to put the metal in the microwave b/c it is covered 100% by the water so no sparking.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 12:41pm
post #8 of 9

[quote="dguerrant"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDelightful

i don't. I put them in a saucepan with a drop of dish liquid and bring to a boil, stir them around and let them sit in the hot soapy water for a while. Then i rinse with hot tap water.[/quote

that's exactly what i do too

Me too! thumbs_up.gif

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 12:53pm
post #9 of 9

I also put my couplers over the spikes that are there to seperate plates, etc, Works great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%