Decorating By nannye Updated 12 Oct 2010 , 4:17pm by Zahrah

nannye Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 2:17am
post #1 of 8

I am doing two, 2 tiered cakes

Marble
Chocolate

White
lemon

Any filling ideas of what would be best? I assume a lemon filling for the lemon cake, but I am not 100 percent sold on the lemon. The cakes will be iced with buttercream.

Please suggest your favourite fillings. I've heard of a cookies and cream filling made with oreos?

suggest away!

7 replies
Lori00 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 2:27am
post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye

I am doing two, 2 tiered cakes

Marble
Chocolate

White
lemon

Any filling ideas of what would be best? I assume a lemon filling for the lemon cake, but I am not 100 percent sold on the lemon. The cakes will be iced with buttercream.

Please suggest your favourite fillings. I've heard of a cookies and cream filling made with oreos?

suggest away!

I usually do a chocolate ganache, strawberry butter cream or like I am doing now a peanut butter buttercream...for lemon how about a coconut butter cream or even use whipped cream and fold it into lemon curd or you can do a citrus buttercream filling. Those are my suggestions. Hope that helps!

cheriej Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 2:31am
post #3 of 8

I'm thinking white chocolate mascarpone filling with grated lemon zest

and

chocolate mocha or espresso mousee filling for the other one.

This website is ruining my diet!

caymancake Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 3:06am
post #4 of 8

For the marble/chocolate I would do chocolate mocha filling or a chocolate chocolate chip filling or the oreo filling...any one of those would be YUMMY.

For lemon and white cakes, I usually use raspberry cream filling (I fold in a good quality raspberry preserves with vanilla buttercream (which for fillings, I use only butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and a touch of heavy cream). People LOVE it with the raspberries. I would think blueberry or blackberry preserves would work good as well.

Apti Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 1:12am
post #5 of 8

Oreo Cookies and Cream Filling (6 Cups)
2 1/2 C heavy cream
1/4 C confectioner's sugar (I call it "powdered sugar")
1/2 Tsp pure vanilla extract
20 Oreos (I used double stuffed.)
1. In a bowl, beat cream, sugar, and vanilla until stiff.
2. Gently fold in Oreos.

tokazodo Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 1:17am
post #6 of 8

My opinion...

marble cake is always so good and moist and I a no froo- froo type gal.
I like vanilla buttercream with the marble cake and
lemon curd with the lemon cake

but what do I know?

soph917 Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 7:12am
post #7 of 8

I love a tart lemon curd with lemon cake. For marble cake I like to do both ganache and white chocolate mousse fillings. I use the Costco Mousse recipe from this site. Super simple, and really yummy. The marble with those two fillings is by far my most requested flavor. And the lemon on lemon is super popular with my family and friends too. I usually do lemon cupcakes, filled with lemon curd, topped with lemon italian meringue buttercream. So yummy.

Zahrah Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 4:17pm
post #8 of 8

I recently attended a wedding that had a mint filling for their marble cake. For the lemon, BLUEBERRY is an outstanding filling!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%