Help!

Decorating By Lori00 Updated 4 Oct 2010 , 6:39am by Lori00

Lori00 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 2:17am
post #1 of 6

I am looking for and can't find a 6 inch square cake plate. I need this for the top tier of a cake that my client last minute changed her mind on which cake she wanted. Thanks for any help! Michaels in waterbury or milford doesn't have them and neither does AC Moore.

5 replies
CWR41 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 2:39am
post #2 of 6

You don't have to use a square plate... whether your 6" is stacked or separated, a round plate would do as long as you're using a square cake board underneath the 6" cake.

Lori00 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 2:44am
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR41

You don't have to use a square plate... whether your 6" is stacked or separated, a round plate would do as long as you're using a square cake board underneath the 6" cake.

Really? I don't think that would work in this case because of the 4 bears I am sticking the feet into are set up for a square and not round on the bottom tier

CWR41 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 4:15am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori00

Really? I don't think that would work in this case because of the 4 bears I am sticking the feet into are set up for a square and not round on the bottom tier

So, your top tier isn't a 6" square cake, but rather four teddy bears and you aren't using a single-plate system, but rather a double-plate system which you already have one of the two needed square plates?

CWR41 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 4:52am
post #5 of 6

I think I'm misunderstanding what you wrote... are the bears "bear pillars"?

Lori00 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 6:39am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR41

I think I'm misunderstanding what you wrote... are the bears "bear pillars"?

I've attached a picture of the cake I am doing..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%