Thank You! All!! First Attempt Was Great!!

Decorating By DebinD Updated 4 Oct 2010 , 3:21am by DebinD

DebinD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebinD Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 1:49am
post #1 of 5

About 5 years ago I made a fondant cake for a baby shower at the office. I used the wilton stuff. It came out decent enough but tasted kind of gross. About a month ago my BFF mentioned Marshmallow fondant to me..I was intrigued...I had planned to just do a buttercream frosting for my kids bday or a boiled frosting or something. But then I watched a couple videos, got some much support and info from you folks here on cakecentral.com and the next thing I knew I was making marshmallow fondant. DD wanted a pink and white cake and DS wanted a yellow cake with green and orange and blue.....with stars....I know they are faaar from perfect -esp the rope around DS's cake but my kids loved it and my guests could not believe I made it. And I don't mind saying - they tasted even better than they looked!

4 replies
Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 2:32am
post #2 of 5

Congratulations and Good Job!

caymancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caymancake Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 3:00am
post #3 of 5

The both came out soo cute! Great job - your MMF came out really great icon_smile.gif..and I think you did and awesome job with the decorations icon_smile.gif

theonlynameleft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theonlynameleft Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 3:18am
post #4 of 5

Great job - they look super cute. You have inspired me to stop being such a lazy butt buying pre-made and actually give home made fondant a try... maybe next week!

DebinD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebinD Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 3:21am
post #5 of 5

Try it!! It was fun! I might do this again - but I'll be back on here for tips on rolling it thinner and moving the decorations from my mat to the cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%