I'm Here From Italia

Lounge By Anny81 Updated 4 Oct 2010 , 10:50am by Anny81

Anny81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anny81 Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 9:49pm
post #1 of 4

Hello everybody,

I hope to write in the right section. Please, sorry for my english but I love it and I hope that my english will be good icon_redface.gif
I'm italian, from Sicily, I'm a young wife, I study at the university and I like your forum and love your cakes and cookies, they are so nice! I love to create my cakes and sicilian desserts icon_rolleyes.gif , but next month my sister will be 18 years old so I have thought to make a beautiful cake in oriental style with a Geisha as a cake topper, she loves Japan! icon_biggrin.gif The colors that I will use will be red, black and gold. But I have a problem, what kind of gold color do you recommend to paint the cake? I would make some gold decorations by brush...
Thank you for your attention, I hope that you will help me, this is my first experience with a monumental cake icon_smile.gif

3 replies
Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 10:19pm
post #2 of 4

Hi!

Welcome!!! You will love this forum everyone is so nice and helpful! You can use an edible gold glaze or edible gold luster dust with some vodka added. Either one you can paint on! Good Luck and enjoy Cake Central! icon_biggrin.gif

itsmylife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsmylife Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 3:10am
post #3 of 4

Ciao Anny81!

Welcome to CC! My grandparents were from Palermo.

I've done what Karen mentioned with the gold glaze and luster dust many times. Another option is to use an airbrush system. But if you are just doing small decorations, either the gold glaze or luster dust will work just fine.

Now....about those Sicilian desserts.................... icon_biggrin.gif

Anny81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anny81 Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 10:50am
post #4 of 4

Thank you for your replies and advices icon_wink.gif
And if I would use a gold royal icing? Is edible gold luster good to adding?
itsmylife, really? from Palermo? I'm from oriental sicily, on the opposite, in these days I'll let you know some sicilian recipe icon_rolleyes.gif
Karen thank you too! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%