24 Hr Morning Sickness + Busy Business= Miserable :(

Business By momma28 Updated 6 Nov 2010 , 3:50am by tavyheather

joesgurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joesgurl Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 7:25pm
post #31 of 35

Congrats!!! i dealt wit ht at a little while ago. i am now 18 weeks and although i'm still tired the nausea is gone. i would try preggie pops. the ginger ones are really nasty but they come in assorted flavors so there's orange and cherry and such. i bought mine at babies'r' us. also, i know its hard since you're not feeling great but try not to let you stomach get empty. snack a little bit on very bland food as often as possible. I ended up having to take meds (which took me out of the game for awhile).

good luck and hope it gets better soon!

saffronica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saffronica Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 3:33am
post #32 of 35

Reading all of these ideas of food to eat is probably just making the problem worse! If that's the case, stop reading now.

The "saltines first thing in the morning" thing just made my morning sickness worse. The thought of them still makes me a little grossed out, and my baby is almost four months old!

The best thing for me during those worst weeks was meal-replacement shakes -- you know, the Slim-Fast type ones usually used for weight loss. I got a case of chocolate ones at Costco and just kept them in the fridge. They require no preparation, don't have a strong odor, taste pretty decent, and go down quickly (before your body realizes you're eating!). Plus they pack 'em full of protein and vitamins.

Good luck getting through this! It's totally worth it!

gr8cakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gr8cakemaker Posted 2 Nov 2010 , 2:07pm
post #33 of 35

Hey momma28, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I get something called hyperemesis gravidarum when I am pregnant which is a severe form of "morning sickness". I was hospitalized several times last year, managing my business, managing my 3 year old and my hubby was deployed icon_sad.gif Dont take so many orders while you are going through this because you really do need to be off your feet as much as possible but the thing that helped me out SO much was a prescription for Zofran (from my dr) and preggie pops morning sickness lolli pops. They are awesome! The reason why you get nauseous is because your metabolism is running on super speed and instead of feeling hunger you feel sick. Snack alot and stay hydrated. If you feel too sick to eat, then sip some juice and suck on the lolli pops. I lost 25 pounds my first pregnancy and 20 my second pregnancy in the first trimester from feeling so sick icon_sad.gif I really hope this helps ((HUGS)) !

Kima920 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kima920 Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 12:51am
post #34 of 35

OMG gr8cakemaker! That happened to me too! I had my first child a year ago and all through my pregnancy up until the 20th week of pregnancy it was constant morning sickness and gastritis. It was soo bad that I had to be hospitalized at least twice that I can remember because I was sooo dehydrated and couldn't keep anything down. I had to stop caking for awhile until the 3rd trimester (and then by that time I really didn't want to be on my feet that long). It does get better.. if it gets too bad you might want to take a little break and give your body some rest. Definitely drink lots of water and Zofran was like a miracle drug for me while I had it. Like gr8cakemaker I too lost like 15 pounds during the first 2 trimester from being sick. Its worth it when you see that smiling face in the end though. Take care of yourself first.. its importanticon_smile.gif

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 6 Nov 2010 , 3:50am
post #35 of 35

have u mentioned it to ur dr?

I had twins and was so nauseous I threw up every day, sometimes multiple times. The doc put me on the regular meds and then had to switch me to a VERY powerful medication that melted on my tongue and was $35/pill! He had to fight the insurance to get it but that stuff worked like a charm!

There are things out there to help! It just depends on your insurance and ability to get them...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%