Packaging Cookies For Local Delivery

Baking By tsal Updated 10 Oct 2010 , 8:05pm by OneCreativeCookie

tsal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsal Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 7:28pm
post #1 of 7

Hi,

I am making cookies for my friend's bridal shower and I was wondering how I should package them to drive them over. They will have royal icing lace piped on and I'm worried that the lace will break.

6 replies
myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 8:05pm
post #2 of 7

I place cookies in individual bags, so I don't have to worry about direct touching of the cookies.

Depending on the details, I transport cookies in a small box, single layer. That way they are lying down and won't break as easily. I also put cushion (bubble wrap) on the top to fill up the box so they don't move around. The bubble wrap can be removed prior to drop off.

Have you tested stacking the cookies to see if it breaks the design on the one below it.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 8:37pm
post #3 of 7

When I have a ton of cookies to transport, it's not practical to have them in a single layer.

I package them 6 or more at a time in treat bags, then stand them up on end so they're not lying on top of one another. If there's room in the box, I'll line it all the way around the inside with bubble wrap.

cr8zchpr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cr8zchpr Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 7

I package the cookies in individual cellophane bags, they serve as cushion as well, then I stand them up in boxes and place as many as will fit. I haven't had any cookies break or the decorations ruined.

CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieCrazy_grozzie11 Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 10:36pm
post #5 of 7

Hi all, I learned from this fabulous forum to stack them like soldiers as well.

Yesterday I delivered 170 wedding cookies this way, without casualties.

Bubble wrap in around the edge of the box is helpful.

All my cookies are individually wrapped and heat sealed in cello bags and that makes a big different. If you are not bagging them individually I would a the very least put a couple of layers of tissue paper between them.

good luck

tsal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsal Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 11:36pm
post #6 of 7

Where do I get the celo bags?

OneCreativeCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OneCreativeCookie Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 8:05pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsal

Where do I get the celo bags?

Try your local craft store - Michael's or JoAnne Fabric. They are available on-line as well, but I think it's easier to see them in person when you're trying to figure out what will work for your particular order.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%