How Far In Advance Can I Make Candy?

Sugar Work By AnnieCahill Updated 12 Oct 2010 , 1:46am by AnnieCahill

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 5:29pm
post #1 of 5

Hi,

I need to make a slew of candy for December 11th (my wedding day). I'm doing meringues (not candy I know), truffles, fudge, and peppermint bark. How far in advance can I do this? Obviously I don't want to be stuck making everything the weekend before the wedding, because that's too stressful.

What's your recommendation for making/storing various candies ahead of time (if it's possible)?

Thanks,
Annie

4 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 6:45pm
post #2 of 5

i'm not sure on the truffles, meringues, and fudge. But i usually make my peppermint bark 3-4 weeks before christmas and don't have any issues. Maybe you can freeze the fudge or meringues?? i haven't but maybe someone else has.

luvlaugh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvlaugh Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 3:46pm
post #3 of 5

I would make the marengues, fudge and truffles a couple of days before. When I make truffles for christmas I usually make them 1 to 2 days ahead.

Giovanna68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Giovanna68 Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 2:00pm
post #4 of 5

I made all the candy for my wedding also and so i understand. I made everything almost a month ahead of time, including hard candy centerpieces and vacume sealed all of it and it was fine. the only thing im unsure of is the meriunges.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 1:46am
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone for your replies. I heard that if you wrap stuff well it can freeze ok. I guess we'll see!

Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%