Armed Forces

Decorating By 5478holly Updated 3 Oct 2010 , 9:55pm by beesweetcakes

5478holly Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 11:27am
post #1 of 6

hi girls a friend of mine wants me to send him some cakes to afganistan and was just woundering if you have any ideas on cake that lasts and best ways to pack them???????? thumbs_up.gif

5 replies
LisaPeps Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 12:19pm
post #2 of 6

Do not send anything which is not good under hot conditions, nothing which can melt. No perishable toppings/fillings. Homemade shortbread or cookies would be good as they last longer, easily packaged and light to post. Cakes might lose there moistness.

Occther Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 12:34pm
post #3 of 6

I have shipped brownies by baking in foil pan and leaving them in the pan for shipping.

cakeythings1961 Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 12:50pm
post #4 of 6

How about some decorated sugar cookies in the shape of cupcakes??!!! lol There are cupcake shaped cookie cutters available that are cute as a button. If you make the cookies pretty thick (like 1/4") and with very careful packaging, they should reach him safely.

kristanashley Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 1:24pm
post #5 of 6

I've seen people send "canned" cakes. And they're supposed to be yummy. Look it up. icon_smile.gif

beesweetcakes Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 9:55pm
post #6 of 6

When my husband was in Afghanistan, I would bake brownies, cookies, breads,etc... freeze them. After them were frozen and I had enough for an APO flat rate box, I would ship them. By the time he got them, they were defrosted and ready for him to enjoy. He said that all the stuff lasted for days and was still moist. Hope that helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%