Rainbow Cake In One Pan?

Baking By katwomen1up Updated 5 Oct 2010 , 3:19am by katwomen1up

katwomen1up Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwomen1up Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 1:21am
post #1 of 8

I would like to make a rainbow cake in one pan. I need to make a 1/2 sheet cake, is there a way I can accomplish this in one pan?

Thanks icon_smile.gif

7 replies
LogansMommie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LogansMommie Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 1:44am
post #2 of 8

Are you talking about the rainbow colored effect on the inside of the cake? If so - you can! You'd take all of the batter that you will use for the sheet cake and then when dividing it up, the first color (bottom color) you will need to measure out the most of that color leading up to your last color which of you will need the least amount. You'll also want to pour it in a long rectangular shape and then each color after will go in the center of the color before.

Hopefully this makes sense! I did the rainbow method once before (although it was a round cake) and it was the hit of the party! Everyone loved it! It definitely makes for a cool surprise when cut into! You can see the pictures if you click on the red and yellow two tier cake that says "Ashley" on the front in my album!

Good luck!

katwomen1up Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 3:24am
post #3 of 8

Thanks LogansMommie! I understand the putting each color in the middle of the other, my other question is, I'm also making it come in towards the middle from the sides of the pan too, right? Did that make sense?
I will keep trying to look at your picture, I wasn't able too, I have a lot of problems with this web site being super slow or not connecting.

Thanks again,
Kathie

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 4:31am
post #4 of 8

good luck with that icon_smile.gif I tried with my wasc in an 8" round..looked like a crappy attempt at tie-dye. I followed a photo tutorial, too...hope u have better luck than me!

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 4:32am
post #5 of 8

good luck with that icon_smile.gif I tried with my wasc in an 8" round..looked like a crappy attempt at tie-dye. I followed a photo tutorial, too...hope u have better luck than me!

katwomen1up Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 9:59pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks, I'll make it early in case I have to start over.

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 10:11pm
post #7 of 8

I've done this with cupcakes before, sorry no pics, I put each color of batter in a separate zip lock bag then snipped the tip, made it so much easier and neater to fill in the right amount of color. A piping bag with a large tip or just the end cut off would work well too.

katwomen1up Posted 5 Oct 2010 , 3:19am
post #8 of 8

Jeep_girl816, just read your post about the bag. That's exactly what I did, used a piping bag and cut the end, worked great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%