Help! Need To Figure Out Stuffed Animal Cake

Decorating By tguegirl Updated 3 Oct 2010 , 10:03pm by tguegirl

tguegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tguegirl Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 4:22pm
post #1 of 7

Hi all,

I have a cake order for this weekend for these two stuffed animals hugging each other. I'm trying to figure out how to best make it. Right now, I'm thinking that I would sculpt the bodies and heads out of cake, push them together, and use rice krispies for the arms and legs.

Should I make the heads out of rice krispies instead of cake? The only reason I hesitate to do this is because this is a wedding cake, and I don't want the bride to cut into rice krispies instead of cake! Also, I need 50 servings out of this cake and need to size up if I make the heads RKT.

Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks!!

6 replies
tguegirl Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 4:31pm
post #2 of 7

This is not letting me upload an attachment (I tried 6 times!) so here's a link to the photo of the stuffed animals.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2374212&id=610692&l=6e87120762

arudesu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arudesu Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 7:33pm
post #3 of 7

I'd make the bodies from cake and use rice krispy treats for the limbs and heads, just simply for the fact that the weight of cake heads would likely make the rest topple over.

tguegirl Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 9:07pm
post #4 of 7

That is a good point. And the cake is being picked up and driven to New York on a 2-hour drive.

I was just hoping to make the heads out of cake because of the cake-cutting ceremony. It might be awkward to try to actually try and cut the cake if so much of it is rice krispies.

tguegirl Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 5:12am
post #5 of 7

Would it be possible to make the heads out of cake (wilton ball pan), support it with bubble tea straws and then put a dowel through the whole thing? What are the chances that it would topple over?

Bskinne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bskinne Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 5:36am
post #6 of 7

Maybe you could do the frog out of cake since it's kinda flat in the pic and the ducks out of RKT since it wouldn't have as much support...it wouldhave made more sense to make those out of gumpaste as a topper on a tiered cake,though, would that be an option?

tguegirl Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 10:03pm
post #7 of 7

No. unfortunately, the bride wants them carved. I'll try with the Wilton ball pan--hopefully, they'll be okay!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%