Silhouette Sd Vs. Cake Cricut What To Do?

Decorating By awalkerm Updated 21 Jul 2011 , 2:35am by bonniekaye

awalkerm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awalkerm Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 12:56pm
post #1 of 5

ok so I have done research on these two last night so now I would love some opions form you all who have these. I really would love to get one of these machines for my cakes but i am not sure witch is best for me I do cakes and cupcakes for about once or twice a month at this point so its still small.
Your thoughts and opions on this would be much appricated thank you for your help. icon_biggrin.gif [/img]

4 replies
bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 4:18am
post #2 of 5

I went for the Sillouette because it does NOT use the expensive cartridges as the Cricut does....and does not require an additional program to do your own thing...again an additional cost to the Cricut. I can do the same thing on my Sillouette as the Cricut and am very happy with it. There are those who will say only the Cricut Cake ...... so it is down to a personal choice. There are a couple threads talking about the different units that are out there...check them out and you will see very different opinions!

bonniekaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniekaye Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 1:04am
post #3 of 5

I suggest the Silhouette. I did a lot of research and talked to several people who have the cricut and the Silhouette. The silhouette can do everything the cricut can, but the silhouette can do the print and cut. You can print an image on a frosting sheet and the silhouette will cut the outline of the image. Also, you do not use caretridges, so it will be a lot cheaper then the cricut. I like the idea of doing my own designs and not being limited to designs put out by a scrapbook company.

shivanjali Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shivanjali Posted 20 Jul 2011 , 9:01pm
post #4 of 5

Hi there, new to site, so glad I joined. Are you talking about the Silhouette SD Digital Craft machine or is there a special one for cakes ? Thanks.

bonniekaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniekaye Posted 21 Jul 2011 , 2:35am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivanjali

Hi there, new to site, so glad I joined. Are you talking about the Silhouette SD Digital Craft machine or is there a special one for cakes ? Thanks.

To use the Silhouette for cake decorating you need to get it from deseretdesigns. You can get the machine with the cake package (includes instructional DVD and a special blade that works great for cutting icing sheets and gum paste ). If you have a Silhouette you can order just the cake package. Several people on CC use the Silhouette and really like the machine. I use mine a lot in my business.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%