What's On Your Christmas List?

Lounge By leily Updated 3 Oct 2010 , 8:34pm by cakeythings1961

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 3:15am
post #1 of 24

So i'm starting to shop for christmas and making my christmas list and am always looking for more "cake toys" as my family calls them, or any other kitchen items.

This year I am REALLY hoping for some of the following:
- PME Daisy Cutters (gerbera daisies are my favorite and i SOOO want this)
- Food Saver - for cake stuff and home kitchen use
- Agaby has been on my list for a few years, but i really don't see it showing up in my kitchen yet, but a girl can wish.
- Multi Mini bread pan so i can make lots of mini quick breads ...well quick

So what are you wishing for?

23 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 12:24pm
post #2 of 24

I had started a list with the airbrush booth from cakesafe.com - but I was given an early christmas surprise, and already got it!! I have to start a new list now. icon_smile.gif

1. Agbay (like you, always have wanted one)
2. All new PME tips (just discovered how nice precision tips really are!)
3. Money - to save for convention in Charlotte!

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 11:31pm
post #3 of 24

Hmm, mine is more of a dream list.
Agbay
Cricut
a better turntable
those nifty letter cutters from globalsugarart that push out the letters
MagicLine pans
edible image printer

I don't do the volume necessary to justify most of that or I already own something that will work for now.
What I'm more likely to get is stuff I don't need or already have. Why my hubby won't stick to a list, I'll never understand. icon_smile.gif

Joshua_Alan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshua_Alan Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 12:35am
post #4 of 24

A kitchenaid mixer and an agbay!

Joshua_Alan Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 12:36am
post #5 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucinda

I had started a list with the airbrush booth from cakesafe.com - but I was given an early christmas surprise, and already got it!! I have to start a new list now. icon_smile.gif

1. Agbay (like you, always have wanted one)
2. All new PME tips (just discovered how nice precision tips really are!)
3. Money - to save for convention in Charlotte!

I just got some PME tips as well and looove them. Not sure I'll buy the Wilton ones anymore.

SugarMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMoon Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 12:53am
post #6 of 24

I've been writing things on my Christmas list since July! lol.
Let's see, I want an Agbay, too.
I want a nice professional Kitchenaid stand mixer.
I've got a few SugarEd DVDs on here.
I need a new Joy of Cooking cookbook. The other one fell apart.
Vanilla Beans. (Stocking stuffer stuff)
50 pounds of hi-ratio shortening.
aaaaand gift cards from 2 or 3 different places because I don't trust anyone who doesn't know anything about cake to start picking out cutters, flavorings, colorings and whatnot... it makes me nervous just thinking about it icon_wink.gif

cakeythings1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeythings1961 Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 1:23am
post #7 of 24

OK, I've got to know what's different about PME tips? I just googled them and they're pretty expensive, so they must be special! Maybe I better get some of these on my Christmas list?

Joshua_Alan Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 1:45am
post #8 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeythings1961

OK, I've got to know what's different about PME tips? I just googled them and they're pretty expensive, so they must be special! Maybe I better get some of these on my Christmas list?

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6609752.html

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 1:50am
post #9 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarMoon

aaaaand gift cards from 2 or 3 different places because I don't trust anyone who doesn't know anything about cake to start picking out cutters, flavorings, colorings and whatnot... it makes me nervous just thinking about it icon_wink.gif

LOL, i'm the same way. And most of the people that buy for me know better too. I send out an email with a DIRECT link to items online. Since most like to buy things instead of get a gift card. They know there's no question that they're getting the right thing!

I forgot about those letter cutters that actually push out the letters, i saw those the other day and they looked pretty nifty.

As for the PME tips, i've heard of them, but i've never seen them anywhere. Where do you guys find yours?

keep the ideas coming, i defintiely want to expand my list. I've been looking at the pampered chef catalog this week as i want to add some more peices to my cookware too.

DarleneP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DarleneP Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 1:50am
post #10 of 24

I want an Agbay
Sugarveil lace molds (always wanted to try this)
Cake Stacker

Joshua_Alan Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 1:53am
post #11 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

Quote:

LOL, i'm the same way. And most of the people that buy for me know better too. I send out an email with a DIRECT link to items online. Since most like to buy things instead of get a gift card. They know there's no question that they're getting the right thing!

I forgot about those letter cutters that actually push out the letters, i saw those the other day and they looked pretty nifty.

As for the PME tips, i've heard of them, but i've never seen them anywhere. Where do you guys find yours?

keep the ideas coming, i defintiely want to expand my list. I've been looking at the pampered chef catalog this week as i want to add some more peices to my cookware too.

i got mine from global sugar art

cakeythings1961 Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 3:05am
post #12 of 24

Thanks, Joshua! I guess I want a few PME tips! Also:

KitchenAid scraping beater blade http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0015TMHFG/?tag=cakecentral-20
clay extruder
Rose's Heavenly Cakes
glass covered cake stand
some single origin cocoa powder
Mexican vanilla
complete set of Americolors

And some of those cupcake containers for putting iced cupcakes in packed lunches:
http://cupacake.com/shop.asp

Joshua_Alan Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 3:11am
post #13 of 24
Quote:

KitchenAid scraping beater blade http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0015TMHFG/?tag=cakecentral-20
clay extruder
Rose's Heavenly Cakes
glass covered cake stand
Mexican vanilla

And some of those cupcake containers for putting iced cupcakes in packed lunches:

Whats single origin coca powder? And why Mexican vanilla?

cakeythings1961 Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 3:40am
post #14 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_Alan

Quote:

clay extruder
Rose's Heavenly Cakes
glass covered cake stand
Mexican vanilla

Whats single origin coca powder? And why Mexican vanilla?

I've been reading about single origin cocoa powder...it come from just one growing region, like Peru, for instance, rather than being blended from several sources. It reportedly has a more complex flavor than blended cocoa powders. And Mexican vanilla, well my friend let me smell hers (yes, we're both nuts icon_lol.gif ) and now I just have to have some.

Unusual or high-end flavoring products are especially fun for me to try, because I have a malabsorption problem that does not allow me to consume sugar, wheat, or fruit....only wheat-free, sugar-free cake for me. icon_sad.gif

Joshua_Alan Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 10:11am
post #15 of 24

Sounds cool. I'm always interested in trying new things and now I think both of those are going to wind up on my list.

Loucinda Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 5:04pm
post #16 of 24

Have you tried making your own high end vanilla? It is very easy to do. I use a fifth of good quality vodka, and buy your vanilla beans on ebay (you can choose which variety you want to use, mexican, tahitian, madagascar etc.) But the grade B ones, much cheaper and works fine! I cut up about 30 beans for each fifth, and stuff them into the bottle. Keep in a dark place and shake every couple of days - in 2 to 3 months you have EXCELLENT vanilla!

PME tips...oh yeah! Here is why I am now replacing my others with PME -

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1820938

Joshua_Alan Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 5:11pm
post #17 of 24
Quote:

Have you tried making your own high end vanilla? It is very easy to do. I use a fifth of good quality vodka, and buy your vanilla beans on ebay (you can choose which variety you want to use, mexican, tahitian, madagascar etc.) But the grade B ones, much cheaper and works fine! I cut up about 30 beans for each fifth, and stuff them into the bottle. Keep in a dark place and shake every couple of days - in 2 to 3 months you have EXCELLENT vanilla!

PME tips...oh yeah! Here is why I am now replacing my others with PME -

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1820938

Very cool idea! What brand vodka do you usually use? I've got the 00, 0 and 1 tips from PME and want to start trying string work. Did you have to strain your royal first to keep the tips from clogging?

Loucinda Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 5:28pm
post #18 of 24

I have tried several kinds, don't buy the most expensive, but don't get the cheap stuff either. Get it at the state store - you want the high proof stuff.

Yes, strain the royal through a knee high stocking - works perfectly!

Joshua_Alan Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 5:33pm
post #19 of 24

Nice! I'm definitely trying that!

Loucinda Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 5:36pm
post #20 of 24

It makes great Christmas gifts too - packaged in a pretty bottle with a bow and a label!

cakeythings1961 Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 5:50pm
post #21 of 24
Quote:

It makes great Christmas gifts too - packaged in a pretty bottle with a bow and a label!

I'm loving that idea! If I start now, it'll be ready in time for Christmas. icon_smile.gif

Loucinda Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 6:06pm
post #22 of 24

Make several bottles, you will LOVE it! thumbs_up.gif

SugarMoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarMoon Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 8:07pm
post #23 of 24

I'm sooooo doing this now! I've always wanted to do it, now I'm pumped again. Which bottle is a fifth? Also, I'm wondering if bourbon or Southern Comfort might make an interesting vanilla. I'm thinking of doing a vodka one and an experimental one with rum, bourbon or So Co. I'm going to go research vanilla beans now so I can figure out what kind i want. Thanks a bunch!!!

cakeythings1961 Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 8:34pm
post #24 of 24
Quote:

I'm sooooo doing this now! I've always wanted to do it, now I'm pumped again. Which bottle is a fifth? Also, I'm wondering if bourbon or Southern Comfort might make an interesting vanilla. I'm thinking of doing a vodka one and an experimental one with rum, bourbon or So Co. I'm going to go research vanilla beans now so I can figure out what kind i want. Thanks a bunch!!!

OMG. Rum vanilla, here I come icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%