leah_s Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 2:29am
post #1 of 26

is called to order.

Who's up?
Whatcha workin' on?

25 replies
leily Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 2:35am
post #2 of 26

I'm working on cuddling with my 3 month old tonight icon_smile.gif No orders for this week, but will be doing a batch of sugar cookies later tonight so I can get some photos of my October special. Doing a deal on some sugar cookies in hopes of getting some more orders over the holidays this year.

sari66 Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 2:42am
post #3 of 26

No orders tonight but I made a chocolate toasted coconut cake today for a new flavor it was yummy icon_smile.gif

Maria925 Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 2:43am
post #4 of 26

I'm working on making my brother a "Thor's Hammer" cake. I just really would rather go to bed...LOL! My chocolate frosting is taking forever to set up. I SHOULD be covering my RKT in fondant, but instead I'm here typing away...going to be a long night icon_smile.gif

cakeandpartygirl Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 2:44am
post #5 of 26

I finally got cakeboss so I am going to be imputing info

tesso Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 2:47am
post #6 of 26

finally got the foot out of the boot thing, and am back on my feet, a little wobbly but just in time. Have helmet cake to make for my uncle next weekend, about to get a start on the face grill. first time using clay extruder for fondant/gumpaste. I know to heat the fondant, any other advice to make things go easily would be greatly appreciated. He wants my blueberry cake and I am a little gun shy since it will be a carved cake. what do you guys think.. should I freeze the cake or just fridgerate before carving?

carmijok Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 2:48am
post #7 of 26

Nothing this week, just thinking about the design for an order I'm doing next week...and looking forward to going to the Oklahoma Sugar Art Show tomorrow at the Tulsa State Fair! For once I'm actually living in the city where cool things like this take place! icon_biggrin.gif

Tea42 Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 2:48am
post #8 of 26
Originally Posted by cakeandpartygirl

I finally got cakeboss so I am going to be imputing info

wow, cakeandpartygirl...........I bet that will be nice

DSmo Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 2:55am
post #9 of 26

Nothing tonight, but this weekend gonna be working on leaves for upcoming fall cake. Also gonna be testing some recipes and flavorings. Oh, and practicing stargazer lilies. : )

leah_s Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 2:59am
post #10 of 26

I'm fighting with my airbrush. grrrr

gscout73 Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 2:59am
post #11 of 26

Hello, Leah, 2 cakes: baby shower and one for my GS troop of high school girls. We have a ceremony tomorrow so I will make that one special.

The babyshower cake is one with a baby peaking out from under a basket weave style blanket. Most popular shower cake.

The GS cake will have fondant accents.

cakecraft Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 3:04am
post #12 of 26

Had a Mad Hatter cake picked up earlier, the birthday girl LOVED it...doing a hockey cake and 2 tier bowling party cake for Sunday.

Smokey5266 Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 3:06am
post #13 of 26

I am new to the site and enjoying reading through the forums.

cakecraft Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 3:07am
post #14 of 26

Leah, are airbrushes tempermental by nature, or is this out of the ordinary? I don't have any real experience with them, and I'm wondering if it is a worthwhile purchase.

cheatize Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 3:17am
post #15 of 26

I'm supposed to be working on a paper about the MARS theory for my Organizational Behavior class and fixing some paw cookies, but I am avoiding both.

Maria925 Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 3:24am
post #16 of 26

Well I wrapped my RKT handle in fondant. I'm tired of waiting for my chocolate BC to set up so I am going to bed. Luckily I have until tomorrow afternoon so I will finish in the morning. I hope my brother doesn't taste my apathy in this cake! Good night all icon_smile.gif

martmarg Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 3:28am
post #17 of 26

my nephews b day cake for tomorrow....waiting for one of the layers to cool down...so that i can start decorating..dont really feel like it though

UpAt2am Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 3:31am
post #18 of 26

i'm working on a set of four cakes for a wedding. the bride wanted to combine the groom's cake ideas with the wedding cake. so i'm doing a high heel shoe on each cake and each shoe will have a logo of a sports team that her hubby or her family likes...SL Cardinals, Carolina Panthers, Carolina Hurricanes, and the Indianapolis Colts.

i also have a LV purse cake due tomorrow.

i've never been so behind on cakes before. the stomach bug ripped through my family this week, so i was sick and then my minis were sick. so i'm exhausted, and still not feeling well. i didn't even finish baking all of the cakes until today icon_sad.gif i still have to make 20 lbs of buttercream, two more fillings, then stack, fill, carve, ice, crust, smooth, and decorate. 3 out of the 4 shoes are mostly done. i haven't even touched the LV cake yet. i'm beyond stressed and wanting to give up right now!

i just sat for the first time to clear my head for a second...now back to the grind.

leah_s Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 3:33am
post #19 of 26

I really think it's just my airbrush. I wanted the red one from KopyKake. DH bought me this Super $$$$ machine that's too complicated.

abra526 Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 3:34am
post #20 of 26

just finished my SIL's baby shower cake and 36 lemon meringue cuppies to accompany it. It is a gift to her, so I hope she likes it!

Babs1964 Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 3:39am
post #21 of 26

I made an "evil tree" cake this week for my Dad's B-Day, and I'm making a Thanksgiving cake for Thurs.

Classycakes Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 3:46am
post #22 of 26

Delivered two wedding cakes and 150 cupcakes today and doing final touches on two wedding cakes for tomorrow. Bright and early Monday morning, I'm off on vacation so no cakes for two weeks. Yay!!! thumbs_up.gif

Thankfully when I get back, things will be a bit slower as the wedding season here will be winding down then. It seems to get longer every year! Or maybe I'm just getting old...... icon_rolleyes.gif

havnfun Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 4:24am
post #23 of 26

36 cupcakes for a baby shower tomorrow. Need to get back to work!

microbiology1 Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 4:34am
post #24 of 26

Bday cake for my brother's gf.

mrsbriggs06 Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 4:34am
post #25 of 26

i'm being plagued by the 'i ordered special color liners so of course THIS is the time my minis randomly shed their liners when it's for a wedding cupcake tower' monster.

it is what it is... i just took the peeling ones out & sat them in new cups.. b/c of the 'custom' liners, i can't just rebake icon_sad.gif

on the up side-- i purchased some gum arabic & made my own gold glitter/shimmer sprinkles icon_smile.gif

KJ62798 Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 4:36am
post #26 of 26

Feeling very grateful that last weekend's experimental baking resulted in cakes in the freezer. DH invited a bunch of people over for dinner/games tomorrow night so tomorrow I can decorate a cake from the stash.

I've had the joy of battling ANTS today--a week of record heat followed by thunderstorms here in SoCal has driven the little monsters inside. They got into a full plate of dipped Oreos. grrrrr Kitchen scrubbed from top to bottom so I'm crossing my fingers that I won't wake up to another invasion.

Quote by @%username% on %date%