Red Velvet Wasc??

Baking By yummy_in_my_tummy Updated 2 Oct 2010 , 2:03pm by glester

yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 9:45pm
post #1 of 4

Hi Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone makes a red velvet WASC cake? Would I make it the same as a chocolate? Just add the sour cream, milk, extra flour, sugar, etc to a red velvet box mix?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks icon_smile.gif

3 replies
JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 10:03pm
post #2 of 4

theres a great recipe on here from Macsmom for a RV WASC.

Red Velvet Cake - MacsMom *If you don't have 100 mouths to feed, lol, just use 1 box white and measure out 1/2 of the chocolate cake mix, and obviously use half of all the other ingredients.
2 boxes white cake mix
1 box dark chocolate cake mix
2 pkg chocolate pudding
2 teaspoons salt
3 c flour
3 c sugar
3 c sour cream
3 cups vanilla coffee creamer
1 cup water
1/3 c oil
9 eggs
2 tablespoons butter flavoring
2 (1oz) jars Wilton red-red

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 10:25pm
post #3 of 4

3 cups of vanilla coffee creamer? Wow (and I have to say, yuck). Not to mention that three boxes of mix is a gigantic recipe.

Why not just make it from scratch? This is an easy recipe to make, it has MUCH fewer artificial ingredients, and it's the original red velvet recipe.

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/15519/1920s-waldorf-astoria-red-velvet-cake

Trust me, you can't taste the beets. They make it moist and add some red color. You'll probably need more red food color than it calls for to get it as red as people expect it to be these days.

glester Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glester Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 2:03pm
post #4 of 4

Yummy...I just asked the same question this morning and had a reply from someone who said she has done the WASC, just as written, with the Red Velvet mix. I think I'm going to do this also...I like the WASC and the simple recipe and the amount of batter it makes!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%