Have A Business Opportunity To Share A Store Front,have???

Business By patticake1951 Updated 2 Oct 2010 , 1:15pm by Occther

patticake1951 Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 9:24pm
post #1 of 6

my dd has a friend that has a store that she wants us to go in on and let us do cakes and cupcakes from. what kind of business license do we need to work out of an existing kitchen?

5 replies
sari66 Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 1:27am
post #2 of 6

You need to contact your health dept, or dept of AG, and your local and state licensing boards for that.
Good luck.

patticake1951 Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 2:06am
post #3 of 6

thanks, We have already contacted the hd. waiting on them to get back to us.
They said to let them know when we get it ready and they will come and tell us if it is ready for them!

scp1127 Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 3:58am
post #4 of 6

You need their list of requirements and make sure nothing is missing. Is the kitchen already licensed or has it been sitting... or is it a kitchen yet?

patticake1951 Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 12:57pm
post #5 of 6

thanks, yes the kitchen has been sitting unused for about a year, except for the owner makes biscuits and sausage for his convenience store in it. It has walk on cooler,2 deep fryers, griddle, oven, steam table, and all of the sinks I need, plus tables and chairs. I am going there tuesday after I get all of my other jobs done [necessary work] to help with everything. It is quite away from me at the moment, but dh and I are planning on moving down there soon.

Occther Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 1:15pm
post #6 of 6

Is it a currently licensed kitchen? That might be the reason that the health department isn't concerned about what needs to be done. I would ask either the current owner or the health department if you can see any previous inspection reports.

Quote by @%username% on %date%