Viva Paper Towel

Decorating By dinky1957 Updated 1 Oct 2010 , 6:04pm by dinky1957

dinky1957 Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 5:35pm
post #1 of 5

Hi can anyone suggest an alternative to viva paper towel for smoothing butter cream...I live in England and think that you can only purchase this in the States????

4 replies
TrixieTreats Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 5:52pm
post #2 of 5

You can use parchment or even printer/copier/computer paper.....I prefer the paper.

TrixieTreats Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 5:55pm
post #3 of 5

Oh yeah, also, you can go to the hardware store and buy a paint roller. A "high density foam" roller in the paint section. They come in different sizes, they are thin foam rollers. Just wash it well and air dry. This is AWESOME! I love using it. Cheap too, I think it was about $5. So, I use my bench scraper or palette knife to get it as smooth as I can with that, then go over the cake once it has crusted like you are painting a wall, and it is as smooth as can be.

dinascakes Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 5:58pm
post #4 of 5

Any paper towel brand that doesn't have a print on it would do, smooth surface. Or parchment paper. And the roller method works well, but if you have a fondant "iron", that works well too. HTH

dinky1957 Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 6:04pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for rapid replies folks, much appreciated

Quote by @%username% on %date%